找回密码
 FreeOZ用户注册
楼主: MICHELLE07

[language study] 地道日常英语,精彩情景呈现

[复制链接]
发表于 21-5-2013 23:23:49 | 显示全部楼层

回复 #30 MICHELLE07 的帖子

本帖最后由 yping88 于 13-7-2013 15:57 编辑

To tell you the truth, Michelle! I visited the hot topic you put up there today. All day long, I just couldn't help wondering what a talented girl you are, to make you such a wonderful and humorous writer like this. Actually, I see the huge potential in your writing, I believe you should make something big out of it. It's so thought-provoking (令人深思) and entertaining.

Please keep up with your great work, we will sure learn heaps from you.

[ 本帖最后由 yping88 于 21-5-2013 22:25 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 2威望 +60 收起 理由
mite + 10 make sth big out of it
MICHELLE07 + 50 惭愧了惭愧了. 你英语那么好, 我那算什么呀 ...

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 21-5-2013 23:38:22 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 MICHELLE07 于 21-5-2013 21:53 发表
我还没见过把俚语,固定用语运用得如此华丽机灵的!
我恳求管理层给你颁发本届奥斯卡最佳女主角.

说真的,你手上有一堆素材, 然后用你的天才大脑临时使用它们呢,还是这些固定说法本来就在脑子里了?

Thank you for your kind words! I picked up those things in work settings, movies and newspapers, but I never thought I would put them into Chinese expression until I found out about you guys' passions. Now, it pushes me to figure out what they really mean in a particular context, which helps me understand a lot better.
Thanks for your inspiration!

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 这一段特别棒,更自然也很地道

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 22-5-2013 10:45:38 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 13-7-2013 16:05 编辑

Announcement: This post is relocated here from a different site, taking many factors into account, Ticket office (票房收入), population and such. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Hey, I'm now a rich woman thanks to you guys, just to show you all how much your generosity is appreciated, I am gonna lay out (陈列出) my English version of a monologue by famous comedian--Ma Shan Li.

I was once asked by my colleague regarding Chinese drink culture--If Chinese men get drunk? I said: Oh, pretty much so, to give you the idea how drunk they could be, please hear a well-known funny story.

Well into the night 夜深人静, two men--A & B staggered out of 摇摇晃晃地 a pub, roaming about 晃悠 on the street and bragging 吹嘘 how much more they could drink and still could stay sober (保持清醒). But they actually couldn't find their way home.
A: I just couldn't believe I would be this much soberer and wiser after that many shots (这么多杯酒), now I feel like I still can settle for (还能够) many more.
B: No, I don't think you are still with it(清醒,能够理解事务). But, look at me, I am the more conscious & wiser one. To be honest, I feel like I was only half-way done (才喝到半尽兴) with the shots.  
A: How could you pass yourself for (把自己装成) the soberer one when you couldn't even keep your balance?
B: How could you claim yourself the wiser one when you acted as an idiot?

Then, A switched on 打开了 a torch, pointing it towards sky. The strong, bright beam just shoot up into the sky forming a straight light pole upwards.

A: To prove how sober you are, I dare you to climb up the pole and see how high you can go!
B: I can sure climb up as high as I want to, but I am wise enough not to do that. Because, if I get up there, I fear that you will switch off (关掉电门). If you did, I would drop dead (摔死).

评分

参与人数 4威望 +180 收起 理由
sucewang + 50 这个手电筒的相声太经典了,翻译得原汁原味.
geyanlei + 30 你太有才了!
newozer + 50 再加一次分。。。
MICHELLE07 + 50 又笑了一遍!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 22-5-2013 11:19:50 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 13-7-2013 16:09 编辑

Now, I will keep rolling the ball.
Here is the conversation between my team leader and me:

Carol: Hey, just something between you and me, Ok? I recently dropped off (投简历,把东西送达) my resume in another hospital, I'm considering relocating myself there.
Me: Oh, this comes in as a huge surprise. I believe you have been doing a fantastic job and enjoying a wide-spread popularity (享有广泛的拥戴). Your wanting to leave will catch boss off guard (打个措手不及), and I don't think she will have a good find (找到好的雇员) to fill in your shoes (在你的位置上做得跟你一样好).
Carol: Thanks for your acknowledgement(认可), darl. But I live too far away from here, I will be too old for the crazy traffic later on. Actually, nowadays, I find it harder and harder to cope with. Besides, I am not all that great. True, I always make sure to switch on (保持头脑清醒,对事务做出准确的判断与应对措施) whenever I am on duty, but sometimes, this taxing (令人疲劳的,伤神的) driving could take me off the ball (心不在焉, 不知所措) for a bit.
Me: Fair enough! I am sure we will take a big hit (招受大的打击) in the unit with your leaving, but I wish the boss will be lucky to make a good find.

[ 本帖最后由 yping88 于 22-5-2013 11:36 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 3威望 +150 收起 理由
zelovehit + 50 很给力!
newozer + 50 地道。。。
MICHELLE07 + 50 无与伦比,澳洲英语

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 22-5-2013 11:51:18 | 显示全部楼层
yping88的加盟令人振奋。对她分享的东西,我很感激、欣赏、喜爱,难以言表。

我本来写这个简单美国英语帖的用意是为了督促自己,而打算建摩天大楼是为了坚持。前一阵看到Lisa的希腊神话集,颇受启发。
虽然现在我们看不到她,但几年过去了,依然可以找到那些学习的材料。所以我们来英语论坛,不仅仅是为了热闹。
但愿过几年后,我还可以回来,重新学习自己和朋友分享过的东西。

美国英语,尤其日常用的,其实完全可以全世界通用。
希望我的"简单"和yping的"精彩",可以相得益彰。

我是大楼里的一片石灰,她是玻璃幕墙。

朋友,请一直陪伴我。

评分

参与人数 4威望 +114 收起 理由
anuo + 50 我是楼下旁观学习的一棵小草
yearshappy + 20 都是可爱的人:)都是!
x24 + 24 我很赞同!
newozer + 20 恭喜你!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 22-5-2013 13:32:32 | 显示全部楼层

回复 #35 MICHELLE07 的帖子

Your remarks have been very much appreciated, Michelle! As matter of fact, you granted me more than I am entitled to take (所做的事能够值得的收入). I have felt so flattered (受宠若惊) by your comments and appreciation.
I followed your post for exactly what you meant to, so I just poured stuff out there, being convinced by myself 自己说服了自己 that it doesn't have to be 100% correct, neither does it have to be extraordinary (非同寻常). Because what we put up there is just for fun, for sharing, for arguments' sake (为了能够引起讨论), and also, later on, we can have something to reflect back on (重新思考), to refer to (参考), to reconsider what we can understand differently from the expression, but in different context.
I promise I will tag along (陪伴你) for years to come (很多年), for as long as we both can carry on 坚持下来,if I can be any help!

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 u r a great help: 100%, for fun&sha

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 22-5-2013 14:59:19 | 显示全部楼层
太地道了。受益匪浅。 只能用中文阿。因为用英文回这个帖子。本身就对自己是一种震慑 :)

评分

参与人数 2威望 +70 收起 理由
newozer + 20 我很赞同!
MICHELLE07 + 50 我很赞同!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 22-5-2013 18:00:28 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 4-9-2013 15:13 编辑

Growing up in a traditional chinese culture, I make absolutely no exception (绝不是个例外) to take a high moral ground (居高临下地对人说话/站着说话不腰痛) when it comes to judging other people's bad choices.

When we come across 遇到 some situation that makes a little sense (不是太讲得通), for instance, when people are addicted to drugs, or when people break their promises, when people stay being gays. Comments would fly out of our lips 情不自禁地说出 like this: How could he do this? How couldn't he do something different? We hardly ever put ourselves in their shoes (设身处地地为他想想) and try to put things into perspective (客观地去看待事实). Because we are strongly convinced that their behaviours are beyond comprehension (不可理喻), and we are not willing to make sense out of nonsense (设法理解荒唐的事儿) either.

Thanks to my adopt culture (多亏了这个接纳了我的文化), I gradually take on some different approaches (不同的处事方式) to understand what's happening in the society. Now, I would handle things differently and try to figure out what's behind all these choices, which makes my working relationship much more therapeutic (治疗性的) and some crucial issues much easier identifiable.

I once looked after a young chappy (小伙子), who presented to hospital for drug-induced endocarditis (心内膜炎). When I went through the questionnaires, he ended up ( 结果变成告诉) telling me he was doing so many other drugs he was shamed of telling doctors. I responded in a very neutral, non-judgmental attitude: Would you like to talk about it? please be aware, I am here to provide nursing assistance, not to judge. If you are willing to tell me what that is, I will figure out the available resources and make it accessible to you (让你能够得到帮助).

After he revealed his lifestyle, I got a hint that he was seeking some social assistance, hoping to turn his life around (将生活向好的方向改变). Then, I put in place (安排好) for him Drug & Alcohol counseling services.

When I worked in Aged Care years ago, I was allocated to a lady, who was an end-staged (终末期) cancer sufferer. When I helped her out of shower, she was pacing around (疾速地跺着脚走) in the room, kept mumbling that she felt she was about to loss self-control and thinking about killing herself.

Rather than throwing around (不加思索地说出) those cliches (陈词滥调)--Why did you do that to yourself? or you got such a caring family or you got lovely children, bla bla, because I was well-educated by western culture that suicidal ideation (自杀观念) is not something you can talk somebody out of (劝阻某人做某事).

So, I got straight into the point (直切要点): How do you want to end your life?

She said she hadn't sorted out yet, but she couldn't put that idea to an end (停止这个想法). I went to the nurse-in-charge to run by (汇报/告诉) her, and this lady was put on high-risk suicide watch.

But unfortunately, she jumped out of the window the second night.

So, it's always amazing how you can come about (遇到) some better solutions and better outcomes if you take a different approach. I am sure I will stick to this non-judgmental communication skill, which will take my career somewhere I should be!

评分

参与人数 7威望 +294 收起 理由
a_lian + 50 你太有才了!
飞飞 + 50 你太有才了!我是遇到不认识的就一个词一个.
geyanlei + 50 你太有才了!
yearshappy + 20 谢谢分享!
x24 + 24 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 22-5-2013 18:27:49 | 显示全部楼层
It's considerate of you to do that, Michelle. You have already showed more than enough respect, I appreciate you on that regard. Yeah, I like it, you just come up with fantastic idea like always. Thanks, Michelle!

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 又更新了一楼,哈哈

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 22-5-2013 18:31:42 | 显示全部楼层
It's considerate of you to do that, Michelle. You have already showed more than enough respect, I appreciate you on that regard. Yeah, I like it, you just come up with fantastic idea like always. Thanks, Michelle!

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 what a smart phone! :)

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 22-5-2013 19:22:34 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享,这种小故事很适合

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 谢谢你.

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 23-5-2013 19:32:37 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 13-7-2013 18:30 编辑

Here's some thoughts hovering around (在脑海中萦绕) while I am walking Harvey.

I bet you guys still remember the tragedy that killed two bubbling teenagers (花季少年) when a barrier wall collapsed in the wild wind in Melbourne. Until now, questions still remained unanswered.

I really wish that the related authorities would put grave concerns (严重的担忧) on this safety issue. Whenever there is an incident involving life loss, some grave concerns need to be raised and some personnel should be held accountable. Authorities should be thinking about what could've been done differently to avoid the same accident and such.

I am aware that people will always have to deal with the aftermath to the best way they know how, to survive emotionally and psychologically. There's an old saying suggesting that what's been done is done, let's move on and get on with our life. But it's not something for those who lost their loved ones to get over with, to move on from. And it never will.

The bottom line (归根结底/事实) is, it's not about unforgiveness, not about how much punitive payout (惩罚性赔偿) needs to be made, but about how much the life should be respected, about how seriously the general public's best interests should've been taken.

Now, I feel so much relieved when I can let out what's been bothering me recently.

I am on the mobile device and I can't type Chinese today. But I will get back to it tomorrow regarding some points.

Don't worry, Michelle, I became smarter than my smart phone now, so this won't be accidentally posted twice. Heehee

[ 本帖最后由 yping88 于 29-5-2013 07:18 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
newozer + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 我还从没这么认真地读别人的帖,你的例外.

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 23-5-2013 20:21:58 | 显示全部楼层

回复 #42 yping88 的帖子

完全没有关系,重复发不要紧(何况是无意的),我也愿意多加几次分.
既然你没法注上中文,那么我把我不确定(有些虽然认识但不会用)的那些词写出来,同时写上我理解的中文,你看看是否有错误.
hovering around 徘徊
bubbling teenagers  不确定, 花季少年?
get over with 通过...恢复过来
get on with 继续
punitive payout 惩罚性支出(?)
let out 泄露,告诉大家
还有, 我喜欢 And it never will. 我写中文时常用这种风格.
回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 23-5-2013 20:38:36 | 显示全部楼层

Capital Punishment 死刑

Global View - Capital Punishment (C0144)
Professor:That’s all for today’s class. We will continue our
lecture on crime and punishment tomorrow.
A: Do you think we should be tougher on crime?
B: Well, it depends on what you mean.
A: For example, we could bring back the death
penalty(死刑) for murder, give longer prison sentences(有期徒刑)
for lesser offences and lock up juvenile offenders(少年犯罪).
B: Those really sound like Draconian(严酷的)measures.
Firstly, what do you do about miscarriages of
justice(误判) if you’ve already put innocent(无辜的) people to
death?
A: You’d only use capital punishment if you were absolutely
sure that you’d convicted the right person.
B: But, there’ve been many cases of wrongful conviction(错误的定罪)
where people have been imprisoned for
many years. The authorities were sure at the
time, but later it was shown that the evidence was
unreliable. In some cases, it’d been fabricated(捏造) by
the police.
A: Well, no system of justice can be perfect, but
surely there’s a good case for longer prison sentences
to deter(威慑)serious crime.
B: I doubt whether they could act as an effective deterrent(威慑物)
while the detection rate(破案率) is so low. The
best way to prevent crime is to convince people
who commit it that they’re going to be caught. It
doesn’t make sense to divert(转移)all your resources
into the prison system.
A: But if you detect more crimes, you’ll still need prisons.
In my reckoning, if we could lock up more
juvenile criminals, they’d learn that they couldn’t
get away with it. Soft sentences will merely encourage
them to do it again.
B: Yes, but remember that prisons are often schools
for criminals. To remove crime from society, you
really have to tackle its causes.
A: Well, if I were president, I would impose tougher
laws and punishment. I would have a peaceful society
based on fear of punishment, not consciousness
of doing the right thing.
B: You sound like a dictator(独裁者)!
A: Well if it works, why not?
补充词汇
recidivist 惯犯
rehabilitate 劳动改造
divisive topic 争议性话题

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
newozer + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 23-5-2013 20:45:18 | 显示全部楼层

回复 #43 MICHELLE07 的帖子

本帖最后由 yping88 于 13-7-2013 18:14 编辑

Very well done, Michelle! It seems to me that you're very much capable of reading between lines (领悟字里行间的意思/理会言外之意). It amazes me how well you can put words together to make them entertaining and beautiful.

[ 本帖最后由 yping88 于 23-5-2013 20:02 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 别夸我啦,英语都不敢说了...

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 23-5-2013 21:00:46 | 显示全部楼层

回复 #44 MICHELLE07 的帖子

本帖最后由 yping88 于 13-7-2013 18:19 编辑

Very impressive, Michelle. Thank you for posting those stuff, I would have pinned so much credits on it, if I weren't so shy in my pocket (囊中羞涩/经济拮据).  Besides, if I gave some credits to you, it would make it sound that a homeless guy is trying to send a cheap check to a millionaire. Hahaha

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 还有住宫殿的呢.我也不富裕.

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 23-5-2013 22:41:06 | 显示全部楼层
哈哈,今日话题:犯罪,死刑,悲剧,死亡....
回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 24-5-2013 11:40:47 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 13-7-2013 18:26 编辑

Good morning, all!

Before I doze off (小睡一下), just drop a line (写个便笺) to share an Ozzy humor with you. However, due to the sexual references in the context, I strongly recommend that anyone under 18 read it under parents' guidance (PG).

A senior Ozzy lady (Mary) under my care told the OT (Operating theater) staff: Just a little heads up (顺便提个醒), guys. If I need a cannula (静脉针) inserted today, please don't tell me: Mary, I am gonna put the cannula in now, you will feel a little prick (在医学上, 意为针刺的感觉。 但,澳英俚语为小鸡鸡). So many staff told me this when they put the cannula in for me. But, for all those pricks I felt, nobody ever bothered to tell me who he was (哪个家伙干的). So, today, if you guys put in cannula for me, it would be nice to tell me who he is.

One of male staff looked around: Oh, it would be Peter then. (Peter, by the way, is a tall, strong male staff).

Everyone in the room just burst into laughters, but, Mary still kept her face straight (一脸严肃), staring at peter up and down: No, he wouldn't possibly have a little prick (小鸡鸡).

When I handed over to OT, I mentioned she would probably have a Bi-ventricular pace-maker (双心室起搏器) inserted, given her past medical history.

She took over immediately: Yeah, that's right, when it gets done, it has to be done properly.

Peter: In that case, I guess you would be much better off (得到更大的利益) to have two put in, just in case the battery goes flat (电池耗尽) in one of them.

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
newozer + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 幽默对待病难:不过第二段的笑点我没领会.. ...

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 24-5-2013 19:51:32 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 13-7-2013 18:45 编辑

Thank you for bringing my attention to the 2nd part of the joke, Michelle! More often than not, when a joke has to be explained, that means the teller hasn't told it right.

In this case, I just took granted that you guys understood the medical terms, which I realize now is a bit difficult. Then, I'll explain some of the context in a better way.

Usually, when we talk about inserting a Bi-ventricular pace-maker for someone, that means his whole heart is in a critical condition, in which both ventricles fail to respond to the commmand from the atrium and are unable to pump out blood efficiently into the respiratory and systemic system. If left untreated, patient's health could go down the hill pretty quickly.  

So, Bi-ventricular pace-maker will address the critical conditions in the best way that can be fixed. That's why Joan said: When it gets done, it has to be done properly (既然要做起搏器,就必须要好好做,要个最好的). Apparently, she joked about her critical condition in sarcastic way.

However, it is much more expensive and technically challenging than regular one. The battery in the generator (起搏器的发电中心) will last for about 10 years or more, which means within that time frame, battery needs to be replaced if patient still is doing Ok.

But Mary is a 80+ year-old, so you can do the math and see if that's still sound to have the battery replaced when the time lapses. That's why the staff teased her about putting in two pace-makers, so she doesn't have to worry about the 2nd operation she would be going through (Anybody seriously thinks that's possible?).

Hope this helps!

By the way, the names that turned up in the scenario are faked ones due to our professional conducts and patients confidentiality.

[ 本帖最后由 yping88 于 24-5-2013 20:50 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 这下明白了.学习了.

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 25-5-2013 00:05:11 | 显示全部楼层

Toothache 牙痛

Daily Life - Toothache (C0264)
A: What seems to be the problem?
B: I have a really bad toothache! My cheek is swollen(肿)
and I can’t eat anything.
A: Let’s have a look. Hmmm. This doesn’t look too
good. I think we may have to pull out your wisdom
tooth(智齿). It’s pressing against your molars(臼齿) and that’s
one of the reasons you are experiencing so much pain.
B: When you pull my tooth will you also have to extract
the nerve and the root?
A: First we will take some x-rays and see what we’re
dealing with. I also noticed a small cavity(洞) up front
here, so you are going to need a filling.
B: I guess that’s what I get for (活该)not flossing(用牙线清洁牙齿) or brushing
my teeth three times a day.
A: It could be that, or maybe you are eating too many
sweets. In any case, I’ll administer an anesthetic(麻醉)
and you won’t feel a thing!

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
newozer + 50 谢谢分享!
katieli + 50 看牙的英语有用

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 25-5-2013 00:30:21 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 MICHELLE07 于 24/5/2013 23:05 发表
Daily Life - Toothache (C0264)
A: What seems to be the problem?
B: I have a really bad toothache! My cheek is swollen(肿)
and I can’t eat anything.
A: Let’s have a look. Hmmm. This doesn’t look ...

补牙的时候我还说Hole呢,呵呵,脸丢大了

活该,我一般说Ask For It,不知道行不行呢

评分

参与人数 2威望 +40 收起 理由
newozer + 20 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 20 你太搞笑了!I'd say deserve

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 25-5-2013 21:57:45 | 显示全部楼层
死刑完了又牙疼。。。楼主能不能来点happy的?。。。。。。

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 好的,你有什么建议?

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 26-5-2013 03:06:33 | 显示全部楼层

回复 #52 newozer 的帖子

本帖最后由 yping88 于 13-7-2013 18:51 编辑

Sure, I will post a happy one for you, which happened between a doctor and patient. By the way, this patient has been doing doctor shopping (不停地看不同的医生,因为病人认为自己看过的医生都不能解决他的病痛) for multiple minor complaints.

Doc: Hey, please tell what brought you in today!
Patient: I have been tortured by so much pain recently, and have been visiting so many doctors. But, nobody seems to be able to help me or care about me that much.
Doc: Right, I can give it a try then. Now, can you please tell me where the pain is.
Patient:  Oh. It's everywhere, all over the body.
Doc: Oh, poor you! Now, can you point out where it's hurting the most?

Patient pointed the tummy, back, shoulder, knees........
Doc: Oh, God, how about your head?
Patient pointed to the back of head: Oh, here it's even worse.
Doc: Oh, my dear God! Please don't point to anywhere anymore, I already figured out what that is.

Patient looked at doctor eagerly, face totally brighten up.
Doc: You got a badly broken finger!

Notice:I am on the mobile again and can't type Chinese. But I will get back to you on any questions you might have.

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
newozer + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 哈哈哈哈!有意思!!!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 26-5-2013 03:07:20 | 显示全部楼层

回复 #52 newozer 的帖子

I'll post more later on.

[ 本帖最后由 yping88 于 26-5-2013 02:11 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
newozer + 50 谢谢!
MICHELLE07 + 50 好样的!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 26-5-2013 09:25:10 | 显示全部楼层
学习, 太好啦 有强大知识含量

评分

参与人数 2威望 +70 收起 理由
newozer + 20 恭喜你!
MICHELLE07 + 50 学习+happy

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 26-5-2013 13:39:36 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 13-7-2013 19:04 编辑

Good day, guys!
Today I will give a touch (简单地谈谈) on the interpersonal skills (交流技能, 人际关系) in the work place. Then, later during the day, I will pick up wherever I left (重新捡起以前帖子里漏下的) in the previous posts.

To begin with it, comes a little background on what I do. I guess you guys already figured it out that I am a nurse fighting for a living (为生存而奋斗) in a public hospital, where you can really feel what international community means. I have been put on nurse-in-charge position every now and then (时不常地, 偶尔), just helping out whenever there is a shortage for in-charges.

As an in-charge nurse, we will have to do the nurse allocations (分配管的床位) for the next shift. Most of the time, the workload just get too crazy for nurses to cope. And we have to take into consideration (考虑到) all the nurses' (7-8 nurses in one shift in day time) skill scope (技能范围) as well, making sure that all the allocations are safe for both nurses and patients.

For so many times, a nurse, who is the same level as me, always picks on (挑毛病) my allocating skills even before the involved nurses themselves approach me--He got allocated to the same patients again? You allocated her to the heavy load? This one shouldn't be allocated to the acute section; bla bla.

Then, one day, right after the arguments about the allocation, I decided to take it up to (开诚布公地找她谈谈) her to sort out any possible further issues. Here is the conversation between us.

Me: Hey, Kim, I was wondering if you can spare a few minutes (节约给我几分钟--尽管你明白这绝对不会只需要几分钟的) for me? There is something I would like to bring up to your attention (引起你的注意).
Kim: No problem, my dear.

She directed me to room one. As we entered the room, I said to the two patients: Hey, guys, if you don't mind, can you two keep your ears shut, we two are gonna have a private conversation here.
Both patients were laughing, then I realized I should keep ourselves professional (保持职业形象). I said to her: No, Kim, it's too political an issue (政治性太强的棘手问题) for these guys to hear. Let's move ourselves out.

Me: Hey, buddy, I get (懂, 知道) that  you are an out-spoken (坦率的), honest person, and you like to take everything out to the open (公开地谈事情), I respect you on that regard (在这方面). But you should notice that the allocation issue is not something that you should bring up even before the allocated staff approach me. We have been trying very hard to be fair to every single staff while still keeping in mind patients' safety care.

Kim: I know that for sure, my dear. I was just trying to tell you what those staff had been through (经历的困难) in previous shift, you just couldn't imagine how crazy it was, some staff didn't even get a dinner break (By the way, being crazily busy is nothing uncommon (司空见惯的) in public hospital).

Me: Yeah, my dear, I am aware of that. But every section is busy one, no matter which one I allocated them to, it's always a tough task, there never have been any easier allocations. I know you are trying to look after the staff, we all do, we all help out each other, don't we?
Kim: Yeah, we sure do!
Me: But, the way you go about it (处理事情的方式) seems to make you a nice person, me a bad one.
Kim: Oh, No, I am not (a nice person).
Me: I know you are not (a nice person--laughing). I noticed that the staff involved sort of take it personally (觉得这种分配是针对个人的).
Kim: Oh, no, that's so not professional. I'll tell them off (训斥)(Apparently she knows who am talking about). You know, when it gets busy, they just take it out on (对别人乱发脾气) other staff.
Me: Oh, that's not what we call professional, is it. They should be learning that being a real nurse takes a life time, this is just a beginning.
Kim: Yeah, they will have to learn that. But the reason I am questioning your allocating staff is not that I am trying to make friends with them.
Me: Don't you worry about that, my dear! I never thought you would make any friends because of who you are (你的品行,做人/处事方式--我当然是开玩笑了, 她是个很热心的人).

Until then, we both couldn't hold any longer just laughing.

Kim: Please don't get me wrong (理会错了), my dear. There's nothing we can't work out, please still talk to me if you see the needs. You know that I like to keep things in the open.
Me: I sure will do. And there's also another thing I would like to run by you (简单地谈谈), sometimes I found myself really love you, but sometimes, I found it very hard to love you.
Kim: Haha, I don't mind you saying that, as long as it has been said in my face (说到当面).
Me: Absolutely, don't you think you are one of the few people I ever dare (胆敢, 斗胆) to be brutally honest with (粗暴地诚实地对待, 诚实到粗鲁的程度)? Let me put it this way (我就这么给你说吧), I could be carefree (无忧无虑地) when I swear at you in your face(当面), and I could also kiss you in front of everybody if you are well-behaved (好好地表现).
Kim: Haahaa. I know you love me.
Me: But sometimes, you are really the pain in my ass (不遭我待见, 同样的短语 pain in my neck).
Kim: Is that so? In that case, you should make sure that you will never sit down again while I am around, because you got me in your ass!

Haahaa, to tell the truth, I just forgot when was the last time I laughed this hard!

But, be very mindful (千万注意, 小心) that, this kind of talk only suits two people knowing each other very well, and also the conversation has to be taken to the private (移至没有旁人的地方), just showing each other the respect (让对方注意到相互的尊重). Just in case (以防万一), when anyone lost his cool (失去冷静), things would spin out of hand (失去控制).

Once again, the names in the scenario is faked. Don't even try to pin that on anybody (对号入座).

[ 本帖最后由 yping88 于 26-5-2013 13:21 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
newozer + 50 你太有才了!
MICHELLE07 + 50 愉快有效的沟通,Kim也非常有幽默感.

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 26-5-2013 18:58:16 | 显示全部楼层

回复 #53 yping88 的帖子

这个笑话没有超出我的理解范围,看到最后笑出声来!
非常有意思.如果我们有了病痛,能如此幽默,也算是化悲痛为欢乐了.

说到Happy, 其实52楼的朋友并不会满足于你提供的那些精彩幽默和谈话技术. 虽然我很满足.

我觉得如果你告诉他如何"一夜暴富",他会最Happy.

还是我来发一篇又简单又有"财"的吧.

[ 本帖最后由 MICHELLE07 于 26-5-2013 23:47 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
newozer + 50 俺从来不欣赏一夜暴富。。。

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 26-5-2013 19:05:15 | 显示全部楼层

Investing in Emerging Markets 投资新兴市场

Advanced - Investing in Emerging Markets (E0029)
A: Dad, I’d like to borrow some money.
B: Sure, Johnny, how much do you need? five
bucks?
A: Come on, Dad, I need thirty thousand. I wanna
get into the market. You know, I’m tired of hearing
all this news about the economic downturn, the
inevitable recession(不可避免的萧条), people stuffing their money
in their mattresses. I look at this as an opportunity.
This is a chance for me to get a jump start on
building my nest egg(积蓄).
B: I don’t know about that; with all the uncertainty in
the markets right now, it would be a very unwise
decision to invest. I don’t know if you’re aware
son, but there has been a lot of turmoil(混乱)in the markets
recently. There have already been half a million
layoffs in the last few months, and we have
no idea how the proposed stimulus package(刺激经济投入) will
impact the economy. There’s just too much instability.
I wouldn’t feel comfortable investing in this
climate.
A: But look at it this way, every challenge is an opportunity.
And anyway, I’m not talking about investing
in the domestic market. There are emerging markets
that promise great returns. Look at China, for
example; they have 1.4 billion people, half a billion
of whom have recently entered the middle class.
Here alone, the aggregate demand for consumer
goods represents an amazing wealth generating
opportunity.
B: Come on, son, you’re looking at this too naively,
the Chinese market has exhibited a great deal of
instability, and their currency has been devalued
by almost a whole percentage point.
A: Fine, then! If that’s the way you feel, so be it. But
you’re losing out on a great opportunity here. I’m
going to go hit up Mum(向妈妈要钱) for the cash.

评分

参与人数 2威望 +70 收起 理由
yping88 + 20 你太有才了!
newozer + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 27-5-2013 07:11:59 | 显示全部楼层

回复 #58 MICHELLE07 的帖子

本帖最后由 yping88 于 13-7-2013 19:07 编辑

There are so many interesting points here. Now that I become a bit rich, thanks to you guys, I guess I could start spending some (在此,意指给帖子评分) on the nice posts.

But I will spend it wisely though, so, I won't go broken while enjoying spending, otherwise, when I become poor, I'll be sent back to the street homeless (我的最初加入FreeOz身份是街头浪人). I am a bit shamed of window shopping (通常意为逛街, 只看不买, 在此嘲讽自己原来只看帖子, 从不给人评分. 没办法, 人穷志短啊) all these time.

Please check it out, Michelle, some money rushes in.

HeeHee, make your day count (好好享受这一天), guys!

[ 本帖最后由 yping88 于 27-5-2013 08:51 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 I'm ready!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 27-5-2013 22:40:28 | 显示全部楼层
最近的这几篇happy了许多。。。谢谢二位了。。。
回复  

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | FreeOZ用户注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|FreeOZ论坛

GMT+11, 29-3-2024 13:29 , Processed in 0.103344 second(s), 44 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.