FreeOZ用户注册
查看: 18211|回复: 87

[language study] 译林拾遗:我随手乱记,您就随便看.......从译员的视角看社会

[复制链接]
发表于 23-10-2010 00:58:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?FreeOZ用户注册

x
Officer:Based on the report from the health consultant, CenterLink requires you to work minimum 15 hours a week. 根据健康官员出的报告,CenterLink要求你每周至少工作15小时。
Client: 我都癌症了,怎么还叫我工作?I am with cancer. How mean you ask me to work!
Officer: We have to follow the conclusion of the health assessment report. If you have objections, you can talk to CenterLink, but you latest medical report already expired. 我们得看健康评估报告的结论。有不同意见的话,你可以找CenterLink去谈。不过你最近的这份医疗报告已过期了。
Client: 找工,找工!那老也找不着咋办?Job search, job search! What if I cannot find one despite my efforts?
Officer: Before you are employed, you are requested to come here and spend at least three hours for job search weekly and meet me fortnightly. Think it over, you find a job and you can earn much more than the benefits now you have and you do not have to come to us. 在您就业前,我们要求你每周都要来这里找工,至少要花三个小时时间,同时还要每隔两周来见我一次。好好想想,随便找个工你就能挣比现在得的福利多得多的钱,你也不需要总来见我们了。
Client:  没事儿,来这儿呆三小时,你们这儿还有空调,天热也不怕。Not a problem, I spend three hours a week here. Besides, you have air conditioner here for the summer heat.

[ 本帖最后由 keepdancing 于 28-12-2010 02:31 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 5威望 +150 收起 理由
Greenhouse + 20 谢谢分享!
青山 + 30 你太有才了!
lisa2008 + 50 你太有才了!
pinxinge + 30 你太有才了!
yearshappy + 20 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 23-10-2010 01:04:08 | 显示全部楼层
Desk Officer: How is your health? 您身体怎样?
客户:我身体可好啦!坚持练功,什么病就没有了。My health is superb. I do my exercises everyday and no disease bothers me.
keepdancing: 插句话,练什么?
客户:FLG
Desk Officer: What sort of job have u done in the past two years?过去两年来你做过什么工作?
客户:英语不好,正式工没做过。我做社区义工。I have never been formally employed in the past two years due to my limited English proficiency. I did some community volunteer jobs.
Desk Officer: Such as? 具体是什么义工?
客户:派发DA JI YUAN报纸。I distribute the Epoch Times.
Desk Officer: That should not be considered volunteer job. It is a paid job. 那个不能算义工,应当是有报酬的。
客户:整个DA JI YUAN报社都是义务的,包括编辑、印刷工,我们都是义务的。All staff of the Epoch Times are volunteers...even the editors and printing workers. We are all volunteers.
Desk Officer: What is the highest level of education you received? 你最高学历是什么?
客户:我大专毕业。毕业后在***机关做宣传工作。我工作能力可强了,那个什么,如果不是我不愿意,我早就上去了。I have a diploma from the junior college. After my graduation, I was in charge of public relations in ***. My strong working capacities were widely acknowledged. I should have been promoted, but I was not really keen on promotions.
Desk Officer: I would like you to continue your English study to improve your communication skills. Meanwhile, I will call you if I have potential employers who do not have much English requirement. Before you find a job, I would like to come and see me every fortnight. 我希望你坚持学你的英语课程,提高交流能力。同时,如果有对语言能力没太高要求的雇主,我会给你打电话。没找到工作前,你需要每两周来见我一次。
客户:那太好了。谢谢!That would be great. Thank you.

你英文挺好的呀?
keepdancing 工作时间不聊天。

评分

参与人数 1威望 +25 收起 理由
骷髅 + 25 哈哈,djy原来有正式的英文名啊,长知识。

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 23-10-2010 01:07:10 | 显示全部楼层

Typical interview questions at ***

Q: Please talk a bit about your medical conditions that might affect your ability to work.
请谈谈都有哪些健康问题会影响你的工作能力。
A: 我有关节炎,天一下下雨关节就痛。我还查出了甲状腺瘤,医生让我每半年查一次。还有就是现在年纪大了,颈椎也不好了,眼也花了,做不得细活儿。
I have arthritis and I have sore joints whenever it rains. I have also been diagnosed with thyroid tumor. The doctor told me to have a medical checkup every six months. Besides, since I am advanced in age, I have cervical syndrome and also presbyopia, so that I find it difficult to do jobs that are more demanding in eyesight.
Q: You mentioned arthritis, what sort of treatment did you have for that? 你是怎么治疗关节炎的?
A: 我也就是贴贴膏药。有时有点用。
I use adhesive medical plasters. Sometimes, plasters are effective.
Q: We'll try to help you to enhance your health so that you can be back in the work force as soon as possible. We have here the health consultant who can assess your health conditions and give your advice as how you should exercise daily to improve your physical conditions. We also have the psychologist who can provide help in case of need. Do you have any accommodation difficulty? You did not move more than three times last year,  did you?
我们会尽力帮你恢复健康,以便你早日重返工作岗位。我们有健康顾问,他可以评估你的身体状况并向你提一些如何进行康复锻炼的建议。同时我们也有心理顾问,需要的话也可以提供帮助。你住房方面有困难没?去年搬家没超出三次吧?
A:谢谢你们的帮助。我跟朋友一起住。住得还可以,没困难。
Thanks for your help. I live with my friend. I do not have a accommodation problem.
Q: Do you feel depressed? Who do you turn to in case of difficulties?
你有没情绪低落?遇到困难你跟谁倾诉?
A:身体不好,有时的确会影响情绪。有事我会跟家人打电话。
Poor health conditions do affect my mood sometimes. I'd make phone calls to my family from time to time.
Q: We do not have much time today. I'll book you in for another appointment to see the health officer in two weeks' time. Please initial every page for the record of our meeting today.
今天时间紧,我给您预约两周后来见健康官员。请在今天面谈笔录上签名,每页都签。
A:好的,谢谢。
Alright. Thank you.
回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 24-10-2010 13:58:21 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除, 无法发言
原帖由 keepdancing 于 23-10-2010 01:04 发表
Desk Officer: How is your health? 您身体怎样?
客户:我身体可好啦!坚持练功,什么病就没有了。My health is superb. I do my exercises everyday and no disease bothers me.
keepdancing: 插句话,练什么?

Looks like a joke.
回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 24-10-2010 22:20:28 | 显示全部楼层
你英文挺好的呀?
回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 24-10-2010 23:19:43 | 显示全部楼层
回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 3-11-2010 15:55:27 | 显示全部楼层
Q: You said you found a job? 您講找到了工作?
A: 是的,是臨時工性質的,時薪只有10塊。Right. I got a part time job now. They pay me ten dollars per hour.
Q: Are you aware of the fact that you are earning less than the minimum wage requirement, which is $14.9?你有沒意識到你掙的工資低于最低時薪要求?
A: 知道。不過,如果我要得多,人家會開了我的。Yes, I know. But if I ask for more, I will be fired.
Q: We can help you out in this case so that you earn more. Do you mind if I contact your employer reminding them of the minimum wage requirement? 这种情况我们可以帮你,让你挣更多。你介不介意我们打电话给你的雇主,提醒一下他们需要遵守最低时薪要求?
A: 谢谢你们的好意。不过,我担心如果你打了电话,他们马上就会辞退我。我好不容易有个工作。Thank you for your kindness. But I fear that I will get fired immediately after your phone call. I hope you understand that it is not easy for me to find this job.
Q: I should say that my phone call to them is a warning, not just advice that can be ignored. If they fire you because of my call, they will be in serious trouble. All right?得说一下,我打的电话是个给他们的警告。如果他们置之不理,他们会有麻烦的。怎么样?
A: 那就谢谢您了。Many thanks, then.

评分

参与人数 1威望 +30 收起 理由
青山 + 30 这是个老实人,应该发补助。

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 28-11-2010 00:49:37 | 显示全部楼层
东道主把邀请安排在了旧总督府。

东道主: This is the old governor's house.这是旧总督府
贵客:噢,那这个总督一定是个清官。This governor must be a very "clean" man, I mean, free from corruption.
东道主: Why saying that?为啥?
贵客:这房子看着很简单嘛。中国的皇宫官邸什么的都要豪华的多。This house looks very simple. Palaces for emperors or residential buildings for senior officials in China often are much more luxurious.
东道主: The history of Australia is no comparison with that of China. This is already old enough to be a historical relic. OZ历史不能跟中国的比。这房子就够老的了,是历史古迹了。
贵客:那个人干活真慢,一扇窗子这么久也没擦完。That man over there is so slow. It will take forever for him to clean the window.
东道主: That is part of the restoration of the house. 这是总督府修复工作的一部分。
贵客: 可以吸烟吗?Smoking allowed here?
东道主: Please go to the park over there to smoke. 你可以到那边园子边上吸烟。

评分

参与人数 1威望 +30 收起 理由
青山 + 30 哈哈哈哈,抓得太准了。

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 29-11-2010 00:48:06 | 显示全部楼层
thanks for your good job ,what else ?
回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 29-11-2010 01:39:37 | 显示全部楼层
楼主,催更了,再来点
回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 29-11-2010 20:49:49 | 显示全部楼层
WJ(某二外网友): 我觉得中文有些东西没办法译,比方说这个什么什么吃的大补。这个“补”,就难以表达。
keepdancing: 先把中文意思把握好了,处理起来就能得心应手。“大补”,要我看,无非是说这个东东多么有营养,那样就用nutritious好啦。再讲一个,可以用nourish这个词,比方it provides nourishment to human health.

WJ: “以神运气”里“气”怎么翻译?
keepdancing: “气”,如果是气功里的气,那就是一个独有的概念,应当就写“Qi”就可以了。
我误以为人家练气功呢!不过,没过几天,WJ同学找上门来了,把原文拿来给我看。这一看,原来是什么广电大学讲播音员怎么播音的。看了看上下文,是讲控制呼吸,播音时如何调节气息,于是我的回答改口了,这里应当把“气”译为"breath",用“breath control"。

评分

参与人数 3威望 +130 收起 理由
pinxinge + 50 你太有才了!
lisa2008 + 50 谢谢分享!
yearshappy + 30 I do agree with you :)

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 29-11-2010 21:07:46 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 keepdancing 于 29-11-2010 20:49 发表
WJ(某二外网友): 我觉得中文有些东西没办法译,比方说这个什么什么吃的大补。这个“补”,就难以表达。
keepdancing: 先把中文意思把握好了,处理起来就能得心应手。“大补”,要我看,无非是说这个东东多么有营养 ...

非常同意KEEPDANCING
如果问题是像‘气’怎么译,‘补’怎么说, 这样翻译的译文可能会词不达意
对中文了解透彻,再有对英语世界生活的认识,翻译的准确性就会好很多

评分

参与人数 2威望 +50 收起 理由
mite + 20 谢谢分享!
pinxinge + 30 我很赞同!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 24-12-2010 00:50:10 | 显示全部楼层
中介:You have been with us for quite long. We regret to say that, considering your age of over 75, we find it very difficult to find you a job. I think you should have the right type of benefits. Right now, you have the special aged benefits. If only you can talk to CenterLink to change to aged pension, then you won't have to come to us.
你在我们这里有段时间了。很遗憾,你年龄在七十五以上了,我们很难帮你找到工作。我想你需要领取相匹配的福利。现在你在领特殊高龄津贴。最好是你跟CenterLink谈谈,改为退休金,这样就不需要到我们这里来了。
客户:我也希望这样,不过说是还需要再等三年才能改。I hope so, but I was told that I have to wait three more years before I can enjoy the pension.
中介:Three more years? Let's see... after the policy change, there is a ten-year requirement. Right, you got to wait three more years.
客户:还要三年?我想想。政策改了以后,是有一个十年期的要求。对啦,你确需再等三年。
回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 7-1-2011 13:20:06 | 显示全部楼层
中介:Since you do not receive CenterLink benefits, Ms Mao, you are considered a volunteer in job search. Anyway, we can sign you up on the Employment Pathway Plan and you are entitled to services of the Stream I. Limited category. 毛女士,您没领CenterLink救济金,那么你就是一位自愿找工者,我们仍然可以把你列入EPP就业计划中去,你可以享受最低档,即第一档的受限服务。
客户:什么意思?What does that mean?
中介:Meaning you can come here and use the computer, printer, telephone and other facilities here for job search for free for up to three months. After that, if your circumstances change, say you receive CenterLink payments, your placement in the EPP plan will change accordingly. Normally, you see upward adjustment of the categories of service you receive and more assistance will be provided to you in job search. If nothing changes and you still need to use the facilities here, you can just tell us that. Otherwise, your name will be erased and you do not appear in our system. 就是说在未来三个月你可以来这里免费使用电脑、打印机、电话进行你的找工活动。之后,如果情况有变,假如说你开始从CenterLink领取救济,你所享受的EPP找工服务的档次将上调,让你享受更多的找工帮助。如果没啥变动,而你还需要使用这里的设备,你只需要告诉我们一下就可以了。不然,你的名字将抹去,我们电脑系统里也不再保存你的记录。
客户:签这么个合同,对我有什么限制不?没什么害处吧?I am not so sure ... if I sign up this EPP agreement, does it impose any restrictions on me? Anything bad for me?
中介:We are just instructed by the CenterLink to provide help to you. You lose nothing in signing this document and you only get good things out of it. If you are still not sure, you just walk away. You are not receiving CenterLink benefits and your are not required to look for work anyway. 我们是受CenterLink指示为您提供帮助。签这份文件你不会有任何损失,只会从中受益。如果你还吃不准,你可以走了,你还没领取CenterLink救济,他们也没要求你找工作。
客户:那好,我签字。Ok then, I will sign it.

评分

参与人数 2威望 +80 收起 理由
lisa2008 + 50 你太有才了!
pinxinge + 30 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 13-2-2011 00:59:05 | 显示全部楼层

你有白卡吗?

找工顾问:You said you are interested in a "Handyman" course at TAFE, we are glad to assist u in that regard. Could u tell me your long-term goal in job search?
客户:对呀,我小修小补的会做些活儿。英语不好,找工不容易,所以现在我就想自己搞个小生意,接点活儿干干。想早点儿结束领政府救济。
找工顾问:It's great to hear that you have such a positive attitude. We certainly can help u. Please let me know how we can help.
客户:现在我需要注册我的生意,还有我得买辆车四处接活儿。当然还得买些工具什么的。买车你们能不能给出钱?
找工顾问:We can help you register your business. But we are not in the position to pay for the car you want to buy. For tools, you can just go ahead and bring me the invoice later. We'll refund you for the tools needed for the business.
客户:现在问题是能干活但没这方面的证书,所以学个TAFE课程还是很重要的。
找工顾问:You are absolutely right. We'll call TAFE to see if they have such a course. By the way, do you have the white card for the job you plan to do? Here in Australia, all people are required to have the white card for working in such work site.
客户:我不清楚白卡是啥玩艺儿。那该怎么申请?
找工顾问:Don't worry. I'll explain it to you and we'll help you in applying for the white card. Now let me summarize what we need to do together in the next couple of weeks.
(下略)

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
lisa2008 + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 18-2-2011 01:13:32 | 显示全部楼层

胜诉了,但对方老联系不上,拒不执行

1 被告老躲着我,总也找不着。保险公司讲,非得让政府部门给开个失踪证明才会理赔。我找了CTTT还有Fair Trading,都不给开。The respondent is playing hide-and-seek with me. The insurance company insisted that there should be a proof for his dissappearance from a government department before they look at my claim. I approached CTTT and Fair Trading but they all declined to provide such a certificate.

2 You won't get such a dissapearance certificate from a government department. What you got to do is to lodge a complaint against the respondent at Fair Trading. When they investigate your case and find it impossible to proceed due to the dissapearance of the respondent, they will come up with their report, specifying the reason why they cannot proceed. You just bring the report to the insurance company. And that would be the evidence of a missing person.
政府机构不会给你开这样的失踪证明。你应当做的是向公平交易委员会投诉本案的被告。公平交易委员会调查你的案子时会发现因为找不到被告而无法处理你的投诉。这样他们会写一份报告,说明因为找不到原告不能处理投诉。你只需要把公平交易委员会的这个报告拿给保险公司。这个就可以证明他的失踪。

1 问题是他拿着我的入住证。能不能给他个时限,把这个东西还我?判决好几年了,反正建房合同已解除了,房子我另找别人建。这个东西比较急。The problem is he held my occupation certificate. Can the tribunal set a deadline for him to surrender the certificate to me? The order was made years ago. Given the termination of the house-building contract between us, I will hire another builder. But I do need the occupation certificate badly.
2 This request goes beyond my jurisdiction. You may talk to the respondent about it. Or you can talk to the council to sort it out. At this stage, do you want to withdraw your application or do you want to pursue it further? If Yes, do you have any new evidence? 这个请求超出了我的权限。你可以找被告好好谈谈。或者你找Council问问怎么办。现在,你是想撤诉呢还是继续告?如果继续告,你有没有新的证据需要提交?

1 没新的证据。上回裁决他该赔偿8万块给我,这都好长时间了,我想继续索赔,就要这些就可以,不指望着他会给利息什么的。I don't have new evidence. According to the previous order, the respondent should compensate me 80,000 dollars. But it seems to take forever for him to make the compensation to me. I am happy with the amount set out in the order. I never expect the respondent to pay me interest.
2 You'll receive a written notice about next hearing. Please bring with you the original copies of the evidence you provided to the tribunal. 你将收到下次开庭的书面通知。出庭时请携带你提交给法庭的证据材料的原件。

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
lisa2008 + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 18-2-2011 10:12:46 | 显示全部楼层
楼上,可以说下如何学英语吗?

包括你个人的经历,我很感兴趣.

评分

参与人数 1威望 +5 收起 理由
keepdancing + 5 谢谢参与!http://www.aosteps.com/bbs//vi ...

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 18-2-2011 12:24:18 | 显示全部楼层
有人回帖感觉是好一点。关于学英语,请看我的旧帖《也谈如何学好英语,可能与多数人意见相左》,请自行找一下。个人经历?谁说过一句话--英雄莫问出处,吃蛋别看母鸡。
回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 18-2-2011 12:29:58 | 显示全部楼层
楼上我看过你的帖子,还是不过瘾啊。

最想知道北外的学生如何走通语言学习之路的,尤其学英语,德语,法语的学生,可以介绍几个同学认识一下吗?
回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 18-2-2011 12:33:09 | 显示全部楼层
本人来自南方,N和L,N和NG不区分,没语言天赋啊。

怎么学英语都只是交流水平?英文的READING教材,从美国小学到大学的原版教材看过30多本,还是只是IELTS6.5的水平,LISTEN TO THIS 1,2,3, STEP BY STEP 1-4都听了一遍,还是听力只有6分(IELTS),大学英语六级74.5分过了。

本人工程专业。

评分

参与人数 1威望 +10 收起 理由
keepdancing + 10 不是我留一手,是我不大会教人。做得好学生 ...

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 24-2-2011 23:14:13 | 显示全部楼层
C: 他抄起拖把就打我,用拖把的铁把儿打。我就这样用胳膊护着头,你看,这些就是打的印儿。他走了一会儿,又跑回来,看到我又发火了,没找到什么称手的东西就直接用手扇了我几耳光。He grabbed the mop and hit me with the iron handle of it. I raised my arms like this to protect my head. Look here, these are bruises from the beating. He left for a while and returned. He lost his temper again and slapped me in my face several times as he could not find any thing suitable for beating me.
P: Go easy. Tell me everything in a chronological order, do not skip. Now, from the very beginning. You name, age, home address? When and where did you meet? What did he say first? Where is the mop in the first place? Which hand did he use? Where did you stand at the time? Why didn't you run away when he beat you? 慢慢来,一步步讲,不要跳着讲。从头开始,你的姓名、年龄、家庭住址?他什么时候在哪儿见的你,开始说了什么,拖把原来在哪里,哪只手打人,你的位置在哪儿。打你,你长腿不会跑么?

C: 我不敢动。因为他总在说,不听话就滚回老家去!他总威胁不再担保我了,那样我就没签证了。成天挨打,我也不想再呆下去了,真想回去。I didn't dare to move, because he always told me "Go back to China if you do not listen to me!" He always threatened to withdraw his sponsorship for me.  If so, I lose my visa. But as I cannot take beating as a way of life, I would rather return to China.
P: Do you really want to go back to China? Listen up! You are not going anywhere. No body can force you do that. By the way, you got to stay here for the court hearing. If you want to travel abroad, you must tell me. 你真的想回国?好好听着!你哪儿也别去,没人能强迫你。另外,你得呆在这里等着开庭。如果你要海外旅行,你必须告诉我。

C: 我还有课本、书包在那里,上学得用呀。I left my textbooks and the school bag there. I need them for school.
P: Not a problem. That would be part of the AVO we are applying for you. Once we get the AVO, the police will accompany you to the place to fetch your stuff. We'll arrest him tonight. 别担心,这是我们为你申请的禁止令内容的一部分。一旦拿到禁止令,警方会派人陪你取你的东西。今晚就去逮捕他。

C: 啊!?这就逮捕他了?我可不想太得罪他。你们会关他几天?Oh, my God! You are gonna arrest him tonight? I really do not want to offend him so. How long will you arrest him?
P: Things may not go as you wish once you call the police. We'll hold him for four hours. 一旦报警,事情未必会象你期望的那样发展。我们会关他四小时。

评分

参与人数 1威望 +20 收起 理由
nizi + 20 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 16-3-2011 14:30:11 | 显示全部楼层
按:时间有点久,具体用语有些记不清了,但没精力核对中英文了。请领会中心思想即可。案子里法官比正常话多了些。建房装修要当心惯于金蝉脱壳的人。
+++++++++++++++++++++
Applicant: 当初对方给安这个阳棚时,我问过他是不是政府方面有什么手续。他讲市议会不会有啥意见的。就让给装了,结果市议会来信要罚款,还让拆除。我们要求交罚款然后保留这个棚,但这个是劣质工程,我回趟国再回来一看风把棚都要吹倒了。现在直接损失都两万五了。所以我要找安装的人赔偿损失。When I first installed the awning, I asked the installer whether there were application procedures with the council. He told me that they would not have a problem with it. So I told him to go ahead with the installation. But then I got a letter from the council demanding the removal of the awning and there was also a fine for it. We asked to pay the fine and keep the awning. But it is a shoddy good. After my holidays back to China, the awning almost came off due to the rain. I incurred direct cost of $25,000. I want a compensation from the installer.
Member of Tribunal: Problem is the installer's company is now deregistered. For sake of this case, you can ask the installer to re-register the previous company or you simply drop your claim. 问题在于安装公司已被注销。要继续打官司,你可以要求安装者重新注册原来的公司,要么你放弃你的诉求。

Applicant: 我知道他又注册了新公司名,还在干同样的活儿。他这不是搞欺诈么?难道我不能告他本人?As far as I know, the installer registered a new company for the same business. This is deception. I'd rather sue him.
Member of Tribunal: You can only lodge your claim against the party you sign your contract with. In this case, it is the company deregistered. You have to be aware of the difference between a natural person and corporate person. 你只能告你签合同的另一方。就本案而言,你只能告注销掉了的公司。你该明白自然人与公司法人的区别。

Applicant: 莫非我只能认倒霉?So, I can do nothing about it?
Member of Tribunal: You may seek advise from legal professionals if you want to sue the installer in person. For the time being, the case is adjourned. 如果你想告安装者本人,你可以寻求律师的专业意见。当下,本案暂停审理。

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
熊猫阿三 + 50 加油写!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 21-3-2011 18:39:16 | 显示全部楼层
not bad!
回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 2-5-2011 16:23:37 | 显示全部楼层
非常好的帖子,lz继续!
回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 7-5-2011 01:23:06 | 显示全部楼层
Employment Consultant: Do u know why u r here? 知道你為什麼來這兒吧?
X: 不知道呀?你們都找我兩回了。No, I don't. U contacted me twice.
E.C.: You r required to join the employment pathway plan if u receive Centrelink payments. Do u receive Centrelink payments? 如果你領取Centrelink的救濟金,你就得參加找工計劃。你是不是在領救濟呢?
X: 我剛申請過,但人家說我還差半年,不給領。I submitted my application to Centrelink not long ago, but I was told that I was six months short of the time requirement, so I am not eligible for Centrelink payments as yet.
E.C.: In this case, your participation would be voluntary, meaning u may or may not come here for job search. People receiving Centrelink payments are often required either to look for jobs actively or to study English. U may wish to submit your application once again to Centrelink after six months. Meanwhile, u'd better improve your English by taking the 500-hour English course. 這種情況,你進行找工活動是自願行為,就是說你可以來這裡找工,也可以不來。領救濟的人通常會有要求必須積極找工作,或者去學英語。你可以等半年後再向Centrelink遞交申請,同時呢,你最好完成500小時的英語學習課程。
X: 我才不想領救濟呢!我想工作掙錢,你能不能給我提供工作機會?那個500小時課程教的都是啥呀,一點用都沒有。教的都是“你叫啥?”,“你多大啦?”這不去學我都會,應當教些有用的東西,專業的東西,工作能用得上的東西。我可不可以去讀TAFE課程?
I don't really want to apply for the Centrelink payments. I want to work to earn my living. Can u give me job opportunities? That 500-hour English course is useless. They teach just simple things like "What's your name?", "How old are u?", which I can understand without attending such classes. They should teach something more useful, more special, something that is needed in work. Can I go to the TAFE classes?
E.C.: You may feel free to use our office facilities here but we cannot provide u with job opportunities since u are yet to formally become our client. U'd better complete the 500-hours first before thinking about TAFE. You said that the course was too simple for u, but still you cannot communicate with me freely. U can go to TAFE to see if there is a suitable course for you or not. But I'd tell u that in the 500-hour class, you have classmates and teachers around you who can help you out with translation. But in a TAFE class, you won't have such luxury. U should improve you English first in the next six months so that next time u see me, we don't need an interpreter and we can go to the job search part. Otherwise, we still need to arrange English study for u by then.
你可以隨便用我們的辦公室設備。因為你還不是我們的正式客戶,我們不能給你推薦工作。你最好先完成500小時語言學習再考慮讀TAFE。你說他們教的太簡單了,可是你卻不能跟我自由對話。你可以跑去TAFE看看有沒合適你的課程,不過我告誡你,上500小時英語課程的時候,你有同學、老師幫你,需要翻譯的時候有人幫忙,而在TAFE的班上,沒人再幫你的。未來半年,你應當盡快提高英語水平,這樣等你再來見我時,我們不需要再通過譯員交流,我們就能直接進入到找工作的階段了。不然的話,到時候我們還得安排你去讀英語。
X: 這多浪費時間!我來澳洲是來掙錢的。What a waste of time! I come to this country to make money.
E.C.: It's very rare for employers to have "Mandarin only" as one of the requirements for jobs. As to the special English training u mentioned, aside from the general English, there are those academic English classes, but you won't fit in there. 僱主要求招工條件是只講普通話的機會實在是太少了。至於你講的特殊英語培訓,除了普通英語教學以外,確實有學術英語課程,不過你上不了。
X: 算啦,算啦,不跟你講了。我給你們提個意見,我們過來找工作,不說給快點安排工作,非得學啥英語,浪費我的時間。
I don't want to continue the topic further. I'd have a complaint for you. We are here for job search. Instead of arranging a job for me asap, you always insist on English study. That's really a waste of my time.
E.C.: If your application to Centrelink is approved in six months, we will provide job search services to you. Right now, you are free to go. Good luck! 如果半年後Centrelink批了你的申請,我們將為你提供找工服務。現在,你可以走了。再見!

评分

参与人数 1威望 +30 收起 理由
freshfish + 30 你太有才了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 7-5-2011 22:50:59 | 显示全部楼层
呵呵,整一个胡搅蛮缠。
回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 10-7-2011 15:30:17 | 显示全部楼层
Manager: According to the records of the system, you are taking care of a child, right?系统记录显示你在照看一个孩子,对吧?
客户:是的,我照看哥哥家的小孩,一周两天。医生说他有先天性心脏病,还有自闭症。That's right. I look after my brother's kid, two days a week. The doctor said the kid had congenital heart disease and infantile autism.
Manager: In that case, you'd be better-off if you switch to the carer benefit instead of the New Start allowance. Otherwise, you'll have to report to us your job search activities fortnightly till you find a job.这样的话,你最好改申请护理病人的津贴,而不是找工津贴。不然,每两周你都得向我们汇报你的找工活动,直到你找到工作为止。
客户:你是说我可以申请?还是我哥申请?另外,得的钱跟这个比哪个多些?
Do you mean I can apply? Or my brother can apply? Besides, do I get more from this carer benefit (or less compared with New Start)?
Manager: Both you and your brother can apply. If you brother works and do not have the time looking after the kid... But eventually CentreLink decides. I am not sure if you get more.
There is one thing I have to remind you. After the policy change on 1 July, you have to bear in mind all the time that if you cannot attend our appointment or you English class, you should call me beforehand with good reason, e.g. a medical certificate or sick leave advice from the doctor. Otherwise, your benefits will be suspended.
你和你哥都可以申请。如果你哥上班的话。说到底,还是CentreLink说了算。不清楚是不是这种津贴更多。我得提醒你一点,七一新政策之后,如果你因故不能来参加面谈或上英语课,你需要事先电话通知我,并说明理由,比方说医生的证明或者病假条。不然的话,你的福利就会停掉。

评分

参与人数 1威望 +30 收起 理由
freshfish + 30 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 10-7-2011 17:14:04 | 显示全部楼层
楼主的工作好啊,可以知道许多新鲜事儿
回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 11-7-2011 18:57:16 | 显示全部楼层
这个贴子,挺好,好实用,又像是在讲故事!
回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 26-7-2011 01:23:40 | 显示全部楼层

免费的助听器

医生 When did you last use hearing aid? Why u stopped using it? 多久前用过助听器?为什么不用了呢?
客户 四五年以前吧。我沐浴忘记取下来了,就坏掉了。Abt 4-5 yrs ago. I forgot about it when taking a shower and it was flooded.
医生 You should come to us earlier. Why you did not come to us? 你真该早点来看我们。干嘛不来找我们?
客户 我们不通英语,不知道你们这个机构。再说也没钱,在领救济。大夫,我想要个免费的。We have the language barrier. I am not aware of your existence. Besides, I don't have much money. I am a pensioner. Doctor, can I have a hearing aid for free?
医生 We'll come to that part later. Now let me have a close checkup of you ear. 我们一会儿谈这个。先让我查查你的耳朵。
You have lost you hearing considerably. I am afraid you have to wear the hearing aid all the time now. You cannot expect to have the hearing as before even if you wear it. 现在你听力下降得很厉害,恐怕你需要一直戴助听器了。戴了的话也不会跟原来听力那么好了。
客户 那就听你的。我在家看电视,邻居都会来抗议的。I'll follow your instructions. Right now, the neighbors would complain when I watch the TV.
医生 The government funded one works well in a quiet setting. If you want to use it in a noisy environment like the classroom, we have other options but you'll have to pay for it.  政府出钱的助听器在安静的环境中效果就不错,但如果你想在教室这样嘈杂的环境里使用,就需要用自费的助听器了,我们这里有,可以选购。
客户 那就自费的吧。Then I take the free one.
医生 I'll make a mound for your ear. The hearing aid is for you only. 我来给你做个耳模。这助听器是你专用的。
客户 那款自费的得多少钱?How much is the self-funded one?
医生 $3,500. Now let's wait a couple of minutes for the substance in your ear to set. I make you another appointment with me after 2 wks and another after one month. The first one for collection of the hearing aid and the second for me to see how it works on you. 3500刀,我们等两分钟,等你耳朵里的模子凝固。我再给你约两周后来见我的时间,还有再约一次一个月后来见我。头一个预约是让你来取助听器,下一个是看它的效果如何。
客户 还一个事儿,大夫,下回再约下翻译,以前的翻译翻得我听不懂,他们生在这里,好些话都翻不出来。今天这个挺好,帮我再约他好吧?谢谢!There is another thing, Doctor, please book interpreters for me for our future appointments. Thanks a lot!
回复  

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | FreeOZ用户注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|FreeOZ论坛

GMT+11, 28-3-2024 21:34 , Processed in 0.072094 second(s), 61 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.