找回密码
 FreeOZ用户注册
楼主: yping88

[澳洲英语] Challenge of 7 days of gratefulness

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 3-10-2014 16:15:05 | 显示全部楼层
yeats_only 发表于 3-10-2014 14:13
第三天的感恩~
书--小时候被撕掉的书无数~长大后被读烂的书无数~即使在不同年龄读同一本书断能读出不同的 ...

Finding a special meaning in even trivial items in your daily life makes you gratified and happy. It is a kind of "Inner peace" that everyone need to work hard to get at.

Congratulations, you are there!

You are there only because you have read the books until they are flipped broken, because you can build a special bond with your toy teddy bear, because you can let the music talk to you in a special channel. Only when you are there, can you make your days count!

Thank you for sharing with us all of these, which matter to us!
回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 3-10-2014 20:53:23 | 显示全部楼层
Day 3 Challenge of Gratefulness----The post credit is to my friend Rose

My life has turned around having met you, my other if not my better half. I am and will always be grateful to you. Ours was one of the colorful and most talked about stories, more like the "you and me against the world" kind but you were so persistent, proud and over protective of me. If I had my way, we would have had completely different lives but I'm glad I completely took it and am still keeping to this very day. I may have concerns about how different our views and attitudes are, oftentimes disappointing me to the point of emotional uncertainty but we always find a way to get things right. You have given me my adorable sons and have always been there for me through my good and bad times.You pushed me to stand up for myself and has always made me see and look at things in its perspective ...be it issues at work, kids and even friends. I strongly disagree with you in so many things and I always question why do you have to be this tough... I then realized that you are strong because I'm not, you are factual and logical where I'm emotional and irrational (not, maybe ocassional), you are fixated, stubborn and impatient,,, and so am I! ....... It's always a wonder how our paths could cross when your life was the exact opposite of mine but the life we built over the years is a constant reminder of the love and special bond we have and I hope it could stand the tests of time in the years to come. You are most adorable in your own special ways and I oftentimes disregard the wonderful things you do for me and the kids. I'm sorry for all my shortcomings and inadequacies. I have today and the lifetime to do better and make amends so that both of us can look back and laugh at all of these... slightly deaf, maybe visually impaired, bit weak but hopefully still capable and of sound mind to talk and ocassionally fight each other. I love you and I thank God for you Neil.

Often overlooked but forever treasured, loved and given utmost regard is my father. Always the clown and the joker that you are, I'm extremely grateful for all those happy memories and wonderful times of my childhood. People have always respected you because you are approachable, friendly, helpful and kind... We are all very proud! You gave us a good example of love of family and strong faith in God. Sorry for the hurt I caused you and thank you for understanding me always. I may not be near but I promise to be here for you and Mama. Your sacrifices, patience and support when we don't have any other means except your meager wage from teaching was inculcated in my young heart and mind. Now that I can somehow repay you I promise I will try to make life and resources easier so that you don't have to worry as much. If there was one great deed I can boast and be proud of, it was my decision to go home alone and met you up so that the very next day after your arrival from the UK we did all medical work up and found that you were like a time bomb waiting to explode, as your doctor would say. It wasn't the easiest but thanks to our family you are still with us today. It's hard to be away and so I always pray that God keep you safe and give you good health so that we may have more time to enjoy each other.

Today's gratefulness challenge won't be complete without giving mother the dedication she deserves. I am truly grateful to you and all that you have done for us for I wouldn't be what I am and where I am today. I am strongest because I know I have your support. I have failed you and hurt you many times but you have shown the true possible meaning of unconditional love. Growing up I saw your struggles and many hardships yet you have proven to us that delligence and perseverance do pay off. You have given us the freedom to be on our own and always the proudest of our achievements. You are my unsung hero who always make any problem easy and has the practical approach to everything. You were strict, strong and very forthright but always reliable, dependable, dedicated and loving. I always thought that you were so critical and felt that you have favoured my siblings more than me. Now that I am a mother myself I have completely understood everything you did and has done. I would have wanted you to be just like any other mom who you can talk to easily at the time when peer pressure and teenage issues were my concerns but my regard for you made me cope and surpass all of my insecurities, weaknesses and failings. I have rebelled at one point and maybe more but your arms have always welcomed me and guided me through. I wish we have more time to enjoy and share and discover one another. I hope you remain healthy and strong so that the best years will be to show you my love and gratefulness for being the best mother I can ever have. There are many times that I worry because I'm not near and sometimes I think of the possible things that could happen to you and my father. I always tell God that I am not ready and please make them live longer not just for me but for the whole family. I may always tell you I love you but never had chance such as this. These words are not enough to tell you how important, thankful, proud and loved you are but I am grateful for this opportunity to shout out for all the world to know that you are the strength, the pillar, the light and the best example we have forever. As I end this note, my heart is overwhelmed with so much love and pride. Thank you Mom for everything... You are my very best blessing!

Allow me to nominate my sister XXX to do this challenge.

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
语之玫瑰 + 50 谢谢分享!
MICHELLE07 + 50 才女身边都是才女啊

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 4-10-2014 05:43:04 | 显示全部楼层
你们玩啥呢?

看的哥哥我迷糊极啦!

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
yping88 + 50 你太有才了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 4-10-2014 08:15:07 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 4-10-2014 21:02 编辑

Day 6 challenge of gratefulness:
1. I have been grateful to the fact that there is a small land on this planet that is specially dedicated to ourselves, to which we label as our sweet home. This special place makes itself a unique sanctuary to me and my family when we seek shelter from the cold, heat, storm and wild wind. I have appreciated the authority it empowers me to grow anything that I am capable of taking care of. I have been grateful to my long-term dream came true that I am able to see my kid(s) running around with Harvey in the back yard while I am cooking. I put on big smiles every single day when I stand by the window looking at different flowers blossoming for me. I am screaming like a young kid whenever some beautiful birds land on the grass, chirp on the trees, or tease Harvey's failing to catch them while they fly away from his chasing.
2. I have been grateful to the wonderful, picturesque landscape the almighty God bless Australia with. It makes each day count in so many levels when I appreciate the different scenes during my drive to work; when I stroll around in the neighborhood surprised by the beauty and vast variations of flowers and ever-changing colorful trees; when my family all pack up traveling to somewhere else, further stunned by how much more the great nature could possible offer us.
I have been grateful to the wonderful characters the ordinary Australians have presented. It makes the life so worthwhile when I see a friendly face from a passer-by, smiling and greeting me; when a driver takes his/her time just waiting for me to cross the road; when I see all the drivers slow down or stop to give their way to an ambulance on siren, when I see a physically –challenged person insists on taking stairs rather than stepping in the only available lift is labeled as dedicated to patient transfer, when I see the emergency lifts installed in new BBB hospital dedicated to those who need immediate medical intervention, all of which let me appreciate how much respect Australians pay to a life; when I see a plea from the animal shelter to the public for an animal’s adoption, I appreciate the care and respect every existence has deserved and received from Australia community.
3. I have been grateful to my pooch-Harvey for coming to my life since two years ago. Ever since then, Harvey has developed a strong emotional bond with us and chosen to trust us with his life when his breed is notoriously known for absconding from home. I appreciate the positive impact Harvey’s existence has imposed on me—before he came along, I had always taken an indifferent and un-concern attitude towards the animals. Ever since Harvey walks in, he has been acting as a strong advocate for his kind to appeal for love and protection. His talent and kindness always let me forget he is only a pooch. Every single day when I come back home, I never have to guess who will be standing right there by the door, all ready to greet me. I have indulged in the power of being pleased and flattered when Harvey desperately exhausts himself from picking out his toy from a big collection and observing which one catches my interest. I never have to worry about my fingers when I tease him with the treat between my fingers because Harvey never hurts me intentionally while eating out of my hand.
Nowadays, when I sometimes saw, on media, any pooches who bear the striking resemblance to my Harvey get treated unfavorably, I would yell out: No, you can’t hurt them like that, they are my Harvey’s cousins. When the days pass by, I subconsciously extend that concern and love to all his kind. I have come to understand through my experience with Harvey how powerless and how vulnerable they are in front of human being, their fate decides that they will have to accept whatever human being will possibly impose upon them through no voice of their own. I am not able to take care of any more pooches, but I can speak up for them if they need me to.
I have promised Harvey I won’t fail him in his faith in me, I will provide all the care I am capable of to him, I will be always there for him for as long as he needs me. I have pleaded to him to stay with me until the nature breaks us apart, because I need him as much as he needs me. I rely on him to pace around putting on that look that indicates: Hey you, get yourself out of that couch now and take us for a long walk. I count on him to hover around in the back of my mind calling: Hey you, come home as soon as you can, I am waiting for you right here by the door.
Harvey, my lovely pooch, you make home much more sweet and much more inviting! I thank you for all of above you have brought into my life!
Now, I would like to extend this challenge to my dear friend @ubuntuhk

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 非常美好动人的文章,我仔细收藏了

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 4-10-2014 08:17:57 | 显示全部楼层
dcxg 发表于 4-10-2014 05:43
你们玩啥呢?

看的哥哥我迷糊极啦!

Talk about what are you grateful for in your life, 泥玛!

Something you can never mess up with!
回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 4-10-2014 11:48:23 | 显示全部楼层
感谢党,感谢政府!

感谢类似yping88介种被撇鸟无数砖头,还能笑对人生的freeozer

没被撇砖真心的loser!
哥都不希得搭理他们

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
yping88 + 50 Feel so honored!!!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 4-10-2014 12:22:23 | 显示全部楼层
yping88 发表于 4-10-2014 08:15
Day 6 challenge of gratefulness:
1. I have been grateful to the fact that there is a small land on  ...

谢谢yping88发起这个充满正能量的帖子,被点名感到诚惶诚恐,要连续7天写三件感恩的事情对我来说是个从未有过的挑战。

不过现在要上街去买东西,回头来跟进。

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
yping88 + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 4-10-2014 18:34:35 | 显示全部楼层
ubuntuhk 发表于 4-10-2014 12:22
谢谢yping88发起这个充满正能量的帖子,被点名感到诚惶诚恐,要连续7天写三件感恩的事情对我来说是个从 ...

We will make the alternative rules since everybody is so occupied, but please do remember to come back telling us all your story, UB!

Thank you for your attention on this request, and we are looking forward to your attendance to this campaign!

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 4-10-2014 18:52:44 | 显示全部楼层
dcxg 发表于 4-10-2014 11:48
感谢党,感谢政府!

感谢类似yping88介种被撇鸟无数砖头,还能笑对人生的freeozer

The reason I have still sticked around is that 尼玛,你丫虽然不大说人话儿,but you are smart, talented and straight forward.

The fact I hate the most is that you have made sense, your bitter remarks have driven me to think harder, to look at things from different angles, to prevent me from becoming paranoid with my own idea.

I thank you for speaking up your mind, but you need to take into account who you are talking to while these bitter remarks are about to fly out of your mouth!

But, I love to have you hang around! I love to gain something from your knowledge and I love your wisdom!

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 4-10-2014 18:56:36 | 显示全部楼层
yping88 发表于 4-10-2014 18:52
The reason I have still sticked around is that 尼玛,你丫虽然不大说人话儿,but you are smart, tale ...

so what?

inner peace 对于所有人都是悲剧的哇!

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
yping88 + 50 你太搞笑了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 4-10-2014 19:22:12 | 显示全部楼层
dcxg 发表于 4-10-2014 18:56
so what?

inner peace 对于所有人都是悲剧的哇!

I thought you fancy the Inner Peace and practice on it!
回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 4-10-2014 19:36:32 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 MICHELLE07 于 4-10-2014 19:38 编辑
yping88 发表于 3-10-2014 20:53
Day 3 Challenge of Gratefulness----The post credit is to my friend Rose

My life has turned around ...

" you are factual and logical where I'm emotional and irrational (not, maybe ocassional), "

看到这里笑出来了。
这样真诚细腻的“情书”,值得一遍遍读。我要收藏。谢谢yping分享。

我的day 5, 感谢一下工作中的人和事:
感谢那个先赏识我而后排挤我的女上司,现在想想能被那么能干的人当作竞争对手,是一种最好的肯定。
感谢那些在办公室尽情自由说笑玩乐的时光,让我现在不再被办公室的虚浮热闹吸引。
感谢那个变着花样提要求,各种挑战各种折磨的老板,使我现在在工作中对什么困难都淡然面对--至今还没遇到比他更难对付的。:)

我这回请谁来接受挑战好呢?得想想

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
yping88 + 50 赞一个!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 4-10-2014 20:05:15 | 显示全部楼层
感谢在我五岁迷路时,叫住我问我的阿姨。她是我在从太阳高升到暮色里独自不停地行走时唯一问我的人。阿姨说我镇定,其实我没有勇气开口问路,一点都没有,若不是她,我不知是会饿死或怎样,但是那种痛苦的经历必然会无限延长。虽说大恩不言谢,但是我多想亲口和她说谢谢。
感谢南怀瑾,他的著作让我在迷茫的人生中看得清晰。谢谢堂弟,因你的机缘,我才看到了南怀瑾的书。
感谢符凡迪,谢谢你的存在,让我感动。你的朋友别哭,让我流泪满面。谢谢刘芳把这首歌演绎的那么好。
@语之玫瑰

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
语之玫瑰 + 50 谢谢分享!
yping88 + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 4-10-2014 20:27:45 | 显示全部楼层
MICHELLE07 发表于 4-10-2014 19:36
" you are factual and logical where I'm emotional and irrational (not, maybe ocassional), "

You are very mature and objective about these experiences, actually maybe they helped to reshape who you are today! Maybe that's, in some sense, what makes you such a wonderful person to be with!
回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 4-10-2014 20:30:36 | 显示全部楼层
MICHELLE07 发表于 4-10-2014 19:36

我这回请谁来接受挑战好呢?得想想

Take a little time, MM! I know that you always have a wonderful eye for your choice!
回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 4-10-2014 20:35:06 | 显示全部楼层
欢语 发表于 4-10-2014 20:05
感谢在我五岁迷路时,叫住我问我的阿姨。她是我在从太阳高升到暮色里独自不停地行走时唯一问我的人。阿姨说 ...

I also thank that wonderful lady to take you to the safety, I thank her for saving our today's angel at that time, so, our life becomes so lighten up and meaningful in FreeOz!

Thank you for being here, MM!

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
欢语 + 50 You are so nice

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 5-10-2014 12:25:47 | 显示全部楼层
Day 4 of Gratefulness Challenge--Written by my friend Rose!!!

My childhood would not have been so memorable, happy and colorful if I have not shared it with these three significant people. Where this opportunity gave me the chance for substantial recollections, it has also become a way for me to reminisce and travel back in time...

First and foremost, I would like to say that I am grateful for having you Hazel as my beloved sister. Our bond has grown much closer over the years and our friendship has evolved from our catfight beginnings to that of concern and of love and admiration for each other. You were a master story teller, the performer, the beautiful one and the responsible of us two. Growing up with you has been both a pleasure and a challenge. It was hard being the eldest where culture dictates and expects one to be the best, where mistakes should be to very minimum and attitude would be to serve as an example but oftentimes the streak of inquisitiveness and child play would lead to clumsiness ... And that would always be me. We were embroiled in circumstances and issues that were inevitable and beyond our control but our undeniable connection has surpassed our misunderstandings. More than our differences we had the best growing up years and beautiful stories to tell and to share. I admire your spirit, your strength, your love for life, your innate sweetness on top of your tough exterior, your deep concern for family and friends, your strong determination to make life and resources easier for your family and ours, your flexibility and adaptive personality and so so much more. You are smart and headstrong and our many arguments have been really scathing but we have outgrown our silliness and pettiness. We are the same in many ways but so different in all other aspects. I am extremely proud of your girls and love them like my very own. I am in awe of your relationship with Floyd and thankful of your many blessings and good fortune. There are so many happy memories to tell but that would come in a different chapter. Now is of even more beautiful times, experiences, conversations, milestones and happenings that we are going to share and look forward to. How I wish that time, distance and resources are are not an issue so that we will be within minutes or hours from each other. Thank you for all the love, support and understanding all these years. You will always be a part of me and that I am forever grateful.

Secondly, my gratitude is for my only brother Jewel. You are and will always be my baby brother. I am grateful to you for being the kindest, helpful, sweet and loving person that you are. I wish you are still the softspoken one among us who wouldn't fight and talk back but I guess time has changed and I forgot that you have matured and grown with the times. I am grateful that I was given chance to guide, shelter and helped when you needed it because it made me feel accomplished and somewhat responsible for a little of what you are today. I know I had my moments and was difficult then and even today but I hope you will understand that sometimes I say and do things not because I want to but the situation calls for it. By now I hope you know that I wouldn't let things, attitude and questionable behaviour pass without addressing it straight away. I may sound mean and indifferent but that doesn't mean I love you less and has only your best interest in mind. I acted more than a mother but I ignored your feelings in the process. I am sorry for all of my nagging and high expectations. I know you may never understand it from my perspective but I always wish you the very best. I am still your big sis...the Ate who is always ready to help and support you, would like to see you become responsible so that the life you'll lead from now will be more rewarding and fulfilling. Thank you for the love you have for our parents. You are their comfort for all these years that we are away. Thank you for looking after my kids...it made me see the little boy I used to know once more. Thank you for being you,,, life is much more beautiful to live because you're in my world!

Last but not the least, I am grateful for you my dearest sister Dorela. You were always the little sis, the constant source of love and joy of our family, forever our baby. You were the friend when I needed one, the saviour whenever I am in deep waters and the sister for life one can ever hope for. You are wise beyond your years and you have become our strength when we needed to. You seem to know me at my best and picks me up at my weakest. You and I have kept secrets and you seem to echo me at my cheekiest(wink wink!) My best memories were those days when you, Jewel and myself lived together, shared so much and experience good and trying times. I believe that we have established more than just being siblings but unbreakable bond of love, concern and understanding for each other. You have grown into the mature, the kindest, most generous and dependable figure of our family. You are blessed because of who you are, beautiful inside out. I am extremely proud of you and thinks of the world for your family, John and Iojanni. Thank you for the love, understanding and support all these years. These are not even close to all I have to say but it sums up my gratitude for the generosity of your spirit and the positive influence you have in me(or I have in you heheh). You were the very reason I know how it feels to be at the receiving end of Pacquiao, but that knock out is a blur considering the many great togetherness we have been through ever since. In fact, looking at Vince and Geoff together, I can completely guess what has gone over the head of the most patient man I know during that fateful, unfortunate time...Oh well that is definitely one of the highlights to the many stories we reminisce now at least hahaha! Thank you for the opportunity and many chances... You gave meaning to me as a big sis and I treasure you more than ever today. I look forward to spending time with you all again so that we continue to make memories, build bridges and just enjoy and be grateful that we have each other and that God made us so to complete the beautiful family that our parents have lovingly built around us. Love you all and wish you the best of everything in all of your undertakings.

I give this challenge to my friend Maia and may it open up rewarding opportunities I never dreamed possible and chances I may not have had I not done this.

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 5-10-2014 16:50:10 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 MICHELLE07 于 5-10-2014 17:52 编辑

Day 6

今天庆幸一下几件事

感谢一路来享遇的各种机会,高考、留沪、跳槽、移民...选择多而公平,只恨自己不够努力,未尽尝上天之慷慨。

感谢我爸在我面临选择的时候,推我至正确的方向,尤其是他对我婚姻的祝福。和他老人家斗智力斗心力若干年,其实心里是感激的。

感谢澳洲,它满足我的小小心愿:无忧的生存,适量的社交,相依相爱的家庭生活,远离名利,远离环境和精神双重污染,得空听听自己内心的声音。

真的感谢。

请我敬重的@妮南 姐来参与挑战吧。

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
yping88 + 50 精品文章

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 5-10-2014 17:46:41 | 显示全部楼层
MICHELLE07 发表于 5-10-2014 17:50
Day 6

今天庆幸一下几件事

Someone will be always there for you whenever you find yourself standing in the middle of the busy traffic, not knowing where you should head to. Those people are our angels!

Our dream is small, but it matters to us!

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 也赞同

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 5-10-2014 17:49:48 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 5-10-2014 20:30 编辑
MICHELLE07 发表于 5-10-2014 17:50
Day 6

今天庆幸一下几件事

Thank you for nominating @妮南 to take on this challenge, I am sure she will have a lot to offer to this campaign.

She is one of the role models who inspire us all in this forum!

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
妮南 + 50 谢谢!
MICHELLE07 + 50 我很赞同!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 5-10-2014 19:15:00 | 显示全部楼层
MICHELLE07 发表于 5-10-2014 16:50
Day 6

今天庆幸一下几件事

最近工作太忙,加上经常与同事外出活动,上网的时间明显减少了。还真不知道从何说起?
与Michelle相比,我前面有不少机会错过了,但我还是很感恩现在的这一切。尽管生活并不完整,但不必去追求完整,只要自己快乐、让别人也快乐。

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
欢语 + 50 很给力
yping88 + 50 赞一个!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 5-10-2014 21:50:18 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 欢语 于 5-10-2014 22:51 编辑

感谢yping给予这个机会让我能说出自己的感谢。
感谢freeoz让我们有机会认识新的朋友,体会更宽广的人生。
@bblfns

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 我很赞同!
yping88 + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 5-10-2014 22:26:44 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yping88 于 6-10-2014 20:34 编辑

Day 7 challenge of gratefulness

To be honest, I didn’t think that I have met any significant challenge yet narrating my gratitude to many aspects in my life over the past few days until I have to face my appreciation towards my homeland. I have been saving this to the last day because I need some space to reflect on my previous experience, to recruit my recollections from years of years memory reservoir in order to get all objective and perspective about my homeland.

I would have to admit that whenever it comes to my homeland, my heart becomes heavy; my feeling gets mixed-up with gratitude and regret; my train of thoughts drags on until the baggage on my carriage gets unbearable. After all these treks, my heart would always get stricken hard by a poetic line: Why my eyes are always full of tears? Because I love this land dearly and deeply!

My homeland is by no means perfect in that it has taken way, way too long a shot to desperately try out her rhetoric idealization and has paid an incredibly huge price along the way. However, I still cherish her in a way that a daughter should be to her mother. Because I was born and raised in that land, no matter how far away I distant myself from her, my root remains there and my extended connections remain there. Then, It would be safe to say that whenever I need a personal space to retreat to, a sanctuary to seek my spiritual security, that land still remains one of the best wonderlands where I could track down my most wanted comfort and warmth. Therefore,

1. I have been grateful to my known-to-no-one village for protecting my innocent, naive childhood. The enriched land was abundant in wild vegetables, unnamed fruits and tree leaves or flowers, which generously fed my hungry childhood while the harvested food was scarce. Yangtze river offered the clean drinkable water and also enough for irrigation if the authorities made wise decision to grow some crops. Although every single adult had to constantly declare their correct political stands, I, as a minor-minor, was able to exempt myself from all the political craze and ran wildly in the fields with my childhood playmates carefree.

2. I have been grateful to those pro-democracy pioneers who have been standing up for what they truly believe in, who have been sacrificing their freedom for this noble cause to flourish, who had lost their lives in Tian-an-men Square Incident 25 years ago to promote the democratic process . I am grateful to the pro-democracy activists in HongKong currently for holding their grounds firmly, for fending off the interference from the Central Government with HongKong’s upcoming general election. I am grateful to the current government for taking a non-violent approach, for keeping the communication line open. Hopefully, the central government will continuously remain calm and sincere, withdraw the idea of sending in the armed forces and eventually work out this political crisis peacefully.

3. I have been grateful to those who care about which direction my homeland is heading for, who have been doing their best to lead the democratic campaign onto a sound track while taking into consideration what the reality Chinese are dealing with, who make use of their very influence to redirect the young students towards integrity and honesty while the demoralization is somewhat gaining upper hand. My salute to all of above mentioned group!

Now, I would like to invite all of my friends to pray for China's future, to pray for HongKong's democracy, to pray for those protesters' safety!

Please allow me to pass on the 7 day challenge of gratefulness to my friend @mite  

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 你太有才了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 6-10-2014 08:03:15 | 显示全部楼层
Because I was born and raised in that land, no matter how far away I distant myself from her, my root remains there and my extended connections remain there. It would be safe to say that whenever I need a personal space to retreat to, a sanctuary to seek my spiritual security, that land still remains one of the best wonder lands I could track down my most wanted comfort and warmth.

理解你说的每一句。虽然有点沉重,复杂,你写得句句真切,动人。再次感叹一下你运用英文的能力,或者说,你已经到了它里面,不再是运用,而是直接从你内心和脑海发出的句子。

今天day7 ,有点忙,简略写几句
感谢这世上永存不息的真善美
感谢前人留下的文化艺术宝库,书籍,音乐,电影。。。
感谢大自然的壮丽景色、风花雪月,令我们一生享用不尽

这个留到了最后一天的邀请给可爱的EmilyS,现在郑重发出  @浮云云艾米莉

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
浮云云艾米莉 + 50 谢谢分享!
yping88 + 50 很给力!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 6-10-2014 10:02:12 | 显示全部楼层
MICHELLE07 发表于 6-10-2014 09:03
Because I was born and raised in that land, no matter how far away I distant myself from her, my roo ...

马克等下细细品味
回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 6-10-2014 15:43:09 | 显示全部楼层
不好意思,这几天没开电脑。

1、感谢爹妈。
2、感谢老天爷。
3、感谢所有心存善良的人。

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
yping88 + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 6-10-2014 20:22:08 | 显示全部楼层
周末割草~累趴下了~第四天的感恩~~~
帮助我的人~锦上添花不如雪中送炭~朋友不贵再多~却难能懂得~如果你我有幸心有灵犀~便得之惜之~
提点我的人~你们就像我生命中的明灯~谢谢你们一路上的协助和成就~
打击我的人~是你们让我发现自己比想象中更脆弱~也是你们让我发现自己比想象中更坚毅~

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 文艺范儿
yping88 + 50 精品!!!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 6-10-2014 20:42:30 | 显示全部楼层
yeats_only 发表于 6-10-2014 21:22
周末割草~累趴下了~第四天的感恩~~~
帮助我的人~锦上添花不如雪中送炭~朋友不贵再多~却难能懂得~如果你我 ...

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Absolutely true!
回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 7-10-2014 00:12:25 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 悉尼宝宝龙 于 7-10-2014 01:13 编辑

额……被点名鸟,肿么办……

要写3*7,21个感恩,还要拉7个人,这不是我喜欢做的事情啊!我一向喜欢独善其身的.

有空我想想有什么内容可写的就写一点吧,希望表被高大上的各位bs啊~~~

评分

参与人数 2威望 +100 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 只鄙视不写的懒家伙。。。
yping88 + 50 你太有才了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 7-10-2014 11:20:02 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢@欢语 让我没有错过那么好的帖子

第一天
1.感谢上天的安排,让我出生在和平年代,一般的家庭但衣食不愁,父母对我爱护有加,更有机会接受良好的教育。
2.感谢老公,爱我,疼我,指点我,照顾我,打击我但又时刻在我身边提供我需要的任何帮助。
3.感谢公婆,我何其幸运,能遇到这么好的公婆。相处八年和谐融洽

评分

参与人数 3威望 +150 收起 理由
愚夫 + 50 你太强了~~
MICHELLE07 + 50 谢谢分享!
yping88 + 50 赞一个!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | FreeOZ用户注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|FreeOZ论坛

GMT+10, 19-4-2024 11:35 , Processed in 0.054136 second(s), 44 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.