找回密码
 FreeOZ用户注册
楼主: yearshappy

[entertainment] 百部(双语)澳电视台播放电影观后笔记 & 纪录片

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 26-8-2014 12:02:59 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yearshappy 于 26-8-2014 14:28 编辑

The World is Big and Salvation Lurks around the Corner -- 2008 Bulgarian biography, co-produced with Slovenia, Germany and Hungary

Its original Bulgarian title literally translates to the world is big and salvation prowls on all sides.
(lurk-no movement; prowl-move around.)
The film adapted from the eponymous autobiographic novel written by Bulgarian-German Llija Trojanow who is a writer, translator and publisher.

The story was set in 1980s. The country's current political structure is the democratic constitution adopted since 1991.

amnesia, complete or partial loss of memory caused by brain injury, shock, etc.

backgammon, one of the oldest board games in the world. (西洋双陆棋,南欧一些国家的国棋了,相当于中国麻将的普及度)
imagesCA3W7BHW.jpg

The family flee to Germany from Bulgaria
Unnamed.png

images.jpg

保加利亚, 联合斯洛文尼亚,德国和匈牙利出品
原影片名,翻译到英文时,启用英文的常用说法 lurk around the corner
剧本由原同名小说改编,自传体的作者不仅写作,同时还从事翻译和出版业

故事设在1980年代。1991年始,保加利亚成为民主政体至今
回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 26-8-2014 12:30:46 | 显示全部楼层
The Royal Jester aka King and Clown -- 2005 Korean historical drama

Gong-gil is the feminine actor in the movie, a historical figure mentioned in the Annals of the Joseon Dynasty as the King's favorite clown.
The English title is more fit than the original title.
据韩国历史年鉴中的一句话而创作
英语电影名更符合内容

imagesCA6YZMYO.jpg
回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 26-8-2014 12:31:20 | 显示全部楼层
yearshappy 发表于 26-8-2014 12:02
The World is Big and Salvation Lurks around the Corner -- 2008 Bulgarian biography, co-produced with ...

The World is Big and Salvation Lurks around the Corner

评分

参与人数 2威望 +70 收起 理由
uu + 50 谢谢分享!
yearshappy + 20 many thanks for bringing it on :)

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 31-8-2014 11:47:41 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yearshappy 于 31-8-2014 11:50 编辑

Under the Hawthorn Tree -- 2010 Chinese Romance                     山楂树之恋

The story was set in 1970s during the Cultural Revolution in China.
The script for the screen was adapted from the popular novel Hawthorn Tree Forever by Aimi. She's currently living in the USA? Seems that Chinese readers are more interested in the writer than the story.
An arguement between the writer and the reader has been taking place over the internet for years. Good lord, sling me a real surprise. Know nothing about it untill the night watching the movie.
Though no one knows who the writer really is, the purest love and the historical event are the attactions to the audience worldwide, as well as the dipiction of a rural life in a villege in China to the west in particaler, I believe; it once got me weeping.
Assumedly, under any circumstances, the westerner would be hard to figure out why the girl knows nothing about life. They wouldn't believe why she is so immuture and backward.
In general, I enjoyed the English subtitle, which is much better than the one i saw another day. The person who made it must have had, or have been living in an English speaking coutry for years.

故事发生在上世纪70年代,中国的文化大革命时期。
剧本编于流行小说 《永远的山楂树》,作者艾米, 目前居住在美国? 似乎中国读者对作者的兴趣比故事的更大些。
作者和读者的争吵通过互联网已经很多年啦,天啊,真是令我惊讶,从不知道还有这些事,直到看到这部电影。
虽然没人知道作者究竟是什么人,我相信,纯真的爱和历史事件应该是吸引点, 而且对中国以外的观众来说,可以了解那个年代中国村民的生活。我,也被感动落泪,
我依然觉得,对西方人来说,应该很难理解这个女孩的行为,为什么她对男女之事知之甚少。
总体来说,英语字幕很好,比前些天的那部电影翻译地道多了。 翻译人一定有在中国以外生活的多年经验。

Under_the_Hawthorn_Tree_.jpg

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2-9-2014 13:51:58 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yearshappy 于 5-9-2014 08:59 编辑

How I Ended this Summer -- 2010 Russian psychological thriller

Settings - a polar station on a desolate island in the Arctic Ocean
Characters - a middle-aged man as a seasoned meteorologist who is dedicated, humorless and gruff  & a young man as a recent college graduate who is nervous and insecure.
The tension between the two men is right from the start, leading to a tragety end. The collapsed Soviet Union's shadow is omnipresent and unavoidable seen. What on earth stop you both talking to each other? I've surrounded by birds too long, possibly.
俄心理片
北极洋荒无人烟之岛一气象站点
人物有二:中年气象学家,工作严谨,不幽默,口气生硬; 新毕业生,紧张和不安
影片初始,二人关系即不畅,悲剧收场。 苏联的影子潜身处处。 唉,究竟什么只有二人却不好好说话呢。我大概生活在这里时间太长了。。。
sum3-1024x573.jpg

Paper Soldier -- 2008 Russian drama

Set in 1961, the Soviet medical officer ends up with another death.
Sacrificing individul lives for a nation/country is something that puzzles the west? making them panic? hatred
a scenario, when facing a death
The west, counseling follows
The East, keep working prior to all
I don't have an answer for it.
故事发生在1961 年, 又一个导致人亡的片子, 前苏联军医丧身在阿萨克斯坦
个体生命一定要服从国家和民族,也许就是这个原因使西方人不解,恐慌以及憎恨?
场景假设,死亡发生时
西方, 心理帮助跟随
东方, 工作第一
我没有答案
imagesCAB8FM3S.jpg
回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2-9-2014 14:11:16 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yearshappy 于 14-9-2014 17:14 编辑

简列红色主义者在近期的几部影片中的塑造

1,澳大利亚片 Celia
在小女孩Celia 眼中,红色人群与大众一样,有血有情,自己的祖母还有邻居家温暖美丽的女主人

2, 俄片 Paper Sodier
个人的生命服务于国家,把人送上天重中之重 -- 不惜生命

3,     Morphine - Russian Drama 2009
Red Army 红军杀人放火

4, 中国片 Under the Hawthorn Tree
不能正常表达和接受爱意情感 -- 压抑情爱

5, 中国片 Mao's Last Dancer
不准父母与儿子相见 -- 克制亲情之爱

6, 保加利亚片 The World is Big and Salvation Lurks around the Corner
叙述人的父亲 被工厂代表要求监督和回报他岳父的行为和表现 -- 背叛家庭

5 in 6, too much negative

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
uu + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 6-9-2014 20:55:12 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yearshappy 于 18-11-2014 08:46 编辑

The Taming of the Shrew -- 1967 comedy

A well done adaptation of William Shakespeare's play as the same name.
Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, the couple of worldwide renown shine in their roles.

Kate is the beautiful, fiery, feisty, mean-spirited, outspoken, violent-tempered, unloved eldest daughter of a wealthy man. People call her 'Katherine the Shrew.'
Bianca, the young sister of Kate appears beautiful, gentle, docile,  kind, sweet
Petruchio, loud, boisterous, dirty, obnoxious, wealthy-bride hunter

In the final fifteen minutes when Kate delivers the famous 'Lord and Master' speech she is triumphant as she submits to her man. At the same time we know that she is the one who holds all the cards and in the off stage end will rule the roost from now on.

With my husband's thumb up and my laughter, questions are still rised: what is the play's attitude toward the man's behavior? I guess I have to read in Shakespeare's language to find out.
Or it's possibly a light-hearted farce that is not meant to be taken seriously? William had to please the audience. Isn't it?

1967年出品,莎士比亚同名喜剧改编
伊丽莎白 泰勒 和其生活中的丈夫一同出演

images.jpg

Commentary
Marriage in Shakespeare's time
During the age when Shakespeare was writing, marriage was generally viewed more as a business relationship than a love match. Particularly among wealthy families, marriages were expected to increase the wealth and properties of the families involved, not satisfy the emotional needs of the prospective bride and groom.
Elizabethan women had little choice in husbands. Marriages were arranged by families to bring prestige or wealth to the families involved. This was especially true of the upper levels of society - princes and princesses married to form political alliances; the children of nobility married to increase fortune; and sones and daughters of landowners married to secure funds and increase land holdings. Women were expected to have a 'dowry' - money, goods, and property that the bride would bring with her to the marriage. This was sometimes referred to as the marriage portion. THE dowry would benefit the male. All the wife's possessions and money, as well as the wife herself, essentially became the property of her husband.
Children of lower class, poor families, were more likely to marry neighbors with whom they had developed friendship and, possibly, romantic feelings.

Let's back to the play. In the face of a society that views marriage as a business arrangement, however, Shakspeare allows some of his characters to follow their hearts. Lucentio marries Bianca for love, not for money.
The other two are different stories. Petruchio seeks a wife to improve his financial situation. He is upfront about what he wants out of marriage. Despite all the warnings he hears about Katherine; he gets assurance from her father that she will bring a large dowry to the marriage, he pursues her because she is wealthy.
'Then tell me, if i get your daughter's love, what dowry shall I have with her to wife?' (Act2. Scene1. Lines126-127)
Baptista seeks to use his younger daughter to increase his own wealth. He could give his daughter to Lucentio as a prize as long as his father 'make her the assurance' - guarantee the income.

All of this reminds me of Anne, the wife of William Shakespeare who married his senior at very young age and rarely mentioned of her along his affairs with other women.

What a joy we could get out of it. For modern audience, we could look at the group of people as clowns, laughing about while it goes then forget all afterwords; or we could ask ourselves hard and carefully for questions, we would make the most of it! A joy!

从莎士比亚时期的婚姻常态回到本部剧上。虽说婚姻是政治经济联合,莎士比亚角色中依然有追求爱情的。 Lucentio 因为真爱而婚,不是因为纸票。本剧中另两个人物是不同的, Petruchio 以纯粹的寻求一个富有的嫁妆女开始,他清楚地知道他对婚姻的需求。 尽管听到无数不利于Kate 的传说,而且在追求她之前,他从女人父亲那里确定丰盛嫁妆,他的求婚只因她富有。
另一个, Baptista 这位父亲是通过小女儿之婚嫁确保巩固财产增值。

那时婚姻的常态和年轻人爱情的追求, 让我想起Anne, 莎士比亚的妻子,他年轻时与年长于他的Anne成婚,多少风流韵事现代人不清楚,他也从不提她。

从无知到有知的快乐!对现代观众来说,我们可以在看此剧时,似乎是看一群幽默表演,随剧情进展而乐;或者仔细认真地想一想问一问,以获得最大收获。真的很快乐!
-------
Morphine - Russian Drama 2009
a tragedy of the young doctor working in a rural area / never touch drugs!
10911661_800.jpg

Out of the Blue -- 2006 New Zealand
Out of the blue you never know what will happen
HoFOutoftheBlue.jpg

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
uu + 50 散分!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 11-11-2014 15:53:19 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yearshappy 于 11-11-2014 16:54 编辑

Anonymous 2011 United Kingdom

Anonymous - who was it?
Was Will Shakespear a fraud? Shakespear was portrayed as an idiot in ANONYMOUS.
Who was Edward De Vere really?

莎士比亚是否是所有其名下作品的真正作者?

arts.jpg

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 16-11-2014 12:41:10 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yearshappy 于 18-11-2014 08:56 编辑

Age of Consent  1969 Australian comedy-drama

The screenplay was adapted from the 1935 semi-autobiographical novel of the same name by Norman Lindsay.
I've found that the oldies (films, people) have immense charm; this movie is one of these.
The photography and superb scenery of the Great Barrier Reef in this film also make it unforgettable.

The young girl who lives with the abusive and often drunk granny is trying to save up enough to leave the island. Her dream is to be a hairdresser in Brisbane.
The man is a successful painter tired of the leeches and pressures of the city, so he moves into a beach house to just escape all responsibilities.

age of consent.jpg

1935年的同名半自传体小说改编
觉得从前的电影老的人都有一种无名的巨大魅力,这部老电影就是其中之一
昆州大堡礁镜头画面景色令人难忘
小岛上,女孩子与其常常醉酒骂人的祖母一同生活,她正试图攒够钱后梦想去布里斯班做理发的工作
颇有成就的男画家,为逃避城市的鹰头苟利和所有的责任来到了小岛上

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
JunJun2013 + 50 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 18-11-2014 09:14:10 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yearshappy 于 20-9-2018 10:19 编辑

Shadow Dancer 2012 UK

As a Chinese stayed in mainland of China for her almost entire life, I've never seriously thought about the Troubles in Northern Ireland and the IRA, and I would not believe for one moment that bombing and killing in the 1990's was a part of their everyday life, until seeing this film. What a fool I am!
THe movie isn't about politics, it's not about freedom either. It's not about Catholics and protestants, nor right or wrong.

It is a gripping, intelligent psychological thriller, starting off with a flash-back so as to explain the protagonist's motivation to become a terrorist later on. The rest of the film is told in chronological order, with the suspense rising gradually, until the unexpected and dramatic climax.
'We'd better keep going, ' says the brother to the sister.

'When are you going to stop?' I would like to say. Sad, but true facts, isn't it!
The film is also excellent in recreating the atmosphere of the catholic working class neighborhoods in Belfast; you could see the rundown streets and interiors.
More information about The Troubles on http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/troubles

Capture.JPG

10084.jpg

生活在中国大陆上的我,从没有真正地想过北爱尔兰持续30年的‘战争’;难以想象在上世纪90年代,枪击和炸弹是他们日常生活的一部分。我多愚钝!
这部电影不是关于政治,不是自由独立,不是宗教,不是对与错。
是扣人心弦的惊悸心理片,影片回忆多年前的旧案开始,来解释女主角后来成为“战士”的动机,余下是按照正常时间顺序来的,逐渐升级的故事到戏剧性出人意外的结尾。
“我们还是要继续”,成年的哥对妹说
“什么时候停止呢?”我倒是想问。遗憾,没人可以改变历史。
影片同时营造了一种氛围, 天主教工人阶层的生活景象,残败的街景以及简陋的室内
关于北爱尔兰战乱的更多的背景信息 在英国 BBC 历史网页上

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 11-12-2015 18:58:19 | 显示全部楼层
yearshappy 发表于 21-12-2013 18:00
Regrets -- 2009 French
French title Les regrets

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 20-9-2018 10:22:04 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yearshappy 于 21-9-2018 11:57 编辑

again War and Peace, 27 September 2018 on SBS

The centre idea of this book could be seen as to answer the question of who owns history; is it the history of powerful people such as monarchs, politicians and generals? For Tolstoy, history is 'an infinite chain of small, insignificant moments in which all individuals, mighty or humble, were involved'.
What's in history? Love, sex, maturity and marriage,
https://theconversation.com/war-and-peace-a-users-guide-52845

War_and_Peace_NT.pdf (6.88 MB, 下载次数: 0)
回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 25-11-2018 21:12:49 | 显示全部楼层
yearshappy 发表于 16-1-2013 12:05
Three Sisters

is a 1970 film starring Alan Bates, Laurence Olivier and Joan Plowright, based on  ...

again, more than three hours on 'Three Sisters' on TV.
回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 25-11-2018 22:37:40 | 显示全部楼层
yearshappy 发表于 25-11-2018 22:12
again, more than three hours on 'Three Sisters' on TV.

好帖啊!我准备研究一下,找几个电影看看

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
yearshappy + 50 我很赞同!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 29-11-2018 22:26:44 | 显示全部楼层
The Duchess (2008), a true story (the Spencer family --> Sir Winston Churchill , Diana, Princess of Wales)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFg-oduezDs

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-11-2018 16:50:39 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yearshappy 于 30-11-2018 21:02 编辑

Julius Caesar (2002)

The city of Rome/753BC/Romulus named the city after himself - 509BC/45BC Roman Republic/(218 BC - Hannibal invaded Rome)Spartacus/Julius Caesar - 27bc Roman Empire/Caesar Augustus/Nero/Constantine/Theodosius - Byzantine - Ottoman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-APF0-L14kw

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GH1c50zcYc

评分

参与人数 1威望 +100 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 100 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 1-12-2018 20:12:19 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yearshappy 于 1-12-2018 21:25 编辑

Civilisations {art/creativity}, is on SBS One right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liVBGynQsaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atmzvvXrBq0

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 1-12-2018 20:46:34 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yearshappy 于 10-12-2018 18:44 编辑

The Story of Europe with Australia-born Christopher Clark  on SBS ONE tonight

The Story of Europe, hosted by Dr. Christopher Clark, anAustralia-born Cambridge historian
1.      Origins & Identity
2.      Beliefs & Ideas
3.      Ambitions & Conquests
4.      Achievements & Rewards
5.      Commonalities & Division
6.      State of Play
·      How did it all begin? Who were the firstEuropeans and where were they from? During an ice age, the first people, Homosapiens (wise m, leave Africa to conquer the rest of the world. They travelled viathe Middle East, the Levant and Romania when Europe slowly grew warm that the iceage came to an end. Neanderthals were died out the continent was taken over by ‘wisehuman’ (Homo sapiens) 30 000 years ago.
·      Living in caves – Stone Age peoples (southFrance & North Spain) – Homo sapiens became human beings; humanscommunication through art, landscapes, images, objects
·      The naming origin of Europe: according to amyth, Zeus, father of the Gods, fell in love with Europa, daughter of thePhoenician king of Sidon (Lebanon) . So Zeus in the shape of a bull went to seeEuropa who fell in love the bull and was carried to Crete (olive production).They married and the continent’s beared her name since then.
·      What’s made Greece so special? City-states era,Athens stood out (brilliant thinkers invested earthly concerns) as it ruled bypeople, the first time in human history (400BC) – democracy was born, thenfailed to hold out against a military dictatorship.
·      Alphabet,  political thoughts and systems, marathon (thefirst man Philippides)
·      The first time united as a shared fate to fightthe expansion of Persian Empire.
·      How did the Greek culture become the Europeanculture? Macedonian king Alexander, known as Alexander the Great conquered allthe Greek city-states (Sparta excluded), a global empire. The Greeks met theCelts (early European tribe groups; Romans called them the Gauls) and introducedthe Greek culture to them. – Julius Caesar warred Vercingetorix (seen as anational hero today in France) for 6 years expanded Roman empire to the farwest. – Augustus built the forum mastered the marketing of power. Romans builtcolonies everywhere (Roman law, citizenship) = Pax Romana = proto-European. Thisera was ended by the mass Germanic migration. Western Roman empire -> Italy
·      Hagia Sophia. Constantine Christianised Romanempire. Christianity became influential then the official religion half acentury later.  
·      The reasons for the success of Christianity: a) thealliance of the Church with the powerful Roman imperial state b) the churchopened to anyone to join c) in deliverance and salvation in the hereafter.
·      Early Irish Christianity: 4thC, a monk namedPatrick, the son of a Roman officer from Britannia, apostle of Ireland  --àMonasteries and churches were the focal points of European civilisation in theMiddle Ages (church spires, a defining feature of Europe) . Charlemagne(Frankish Empire), the father of Europe.
·      Muslims conquered Spain. Islamic renaissancebegan: cooperation between the Arabic, Hebraic cultures; Christians, Muslimsand Jews worked together. Crusades. Orthodox Christendom (Moscow) . Christianityis a divisive force (not a defining bund). Martin Luther reform.
·      Treaty of Westphalia: gained peace throughnegotiation, also a start of the separation between religions and politics.

0181201205809.jpg 20181201205743.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMPprNYRzs4

评分

参与人数 1威望 +100 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 100 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 1-12-2018 21:23:59 | 显示全部楼层
yearshappy 发表于 30-11-2018 17:50
Julius Caesar (2002)

The city of Rome/753BC/Romulus named the city after himself - 509BC/45BC Ro ...

Watching Julius Caesar...
回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 1-12-2018 21:26:14 | 显示全部楼层
yearshappy 发表于 1-12-2018 21:46
the story of Europe with Australian-born Christopher Clark  on SBS ONE

Thanks! watched one part of tonight's. Tomorrow it starts at 7:30 pm? Then The Vikings Uncovered from 8:40 pm

Europe, what a dynamic mixture!  bloodbath after bloodbath though....

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
yearshappy + 50 你太可爱了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 1-12-2018 23:27:42 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yearshappy 于 2-12-2018 18:38 编辑
MICHELLE07 发表于 1-12-2018 22:26
Thanks! watched one part of tonight's. Tomorrow it starts at 7:30 pm? Then The Vikings Uncovered ...

Dear, dear, we're on the same page . I, too, saw Civilisations till its end, and yes, the second episode will be on at 7:30pm tomorrow.

Having said that, you probably missed out The Story of Europe which came next Civilisations. I found it much more enjoyable than Civilisations. Perhaps it's because i'm not that into art; whereas The Story of Europe packs in everything I've been watching/reading from the ancient Greece and Rome to the understanding of EU at the present day.
回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 1-12-2018 23:39:11 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yearshappy 于 6-12-2018 22:07 编辑

郑和,世界史中划时代的壮举和深远的海外影响

Ghost Fleet: The Epic Voyage of Zheng He directed by Jonathan Finnigan, fl. 2004; produced by Paula Mason, fl. 2005 (Brighton, England: Espresso TV), 1 hour 33 mins

• all change in the universe can be explained by the workings of Yin and Yang, as they either produce one another or overcome one another
  • Africa, the Swahili coast, legend among local people speaks of a strange event many years ago, of a fleet in an unimaginable size (the great treasure fleet from China)
  • 600 years later, National Geographic photographer Mike Yamashita sets off on his own epic journey. He will search for traces of the fleet’s sudden   voyages as he follows the trail  of its visionary   commander, a towering eunuch Admiral, his name Zheng He.
  • in Indonesia, he is best remembered for his diplomacy. Today, in the city of   Semarang in Central Java, Zheng He is honored as a god.   He even has his own temple.E very year, thousands of devotees from across the region come here to pray for his blessings. For centuries, he was virtually unknown in China but here in Indonesia his deeds have never been forgotten.
  • Legend has it that the Ming emperor gifted a princess to Malacca’s (on the west coast of Malaysia) local sultan and 500 Chinese maidens who intermarried with local men.
  • in Sri Lanka, keen to establish peace, Zheng He presents a gift   to the local Buddhist chief, a tablet written in three   languages, Chinese, Tamil and Persian.The Chinese were extremely respectful of   all the religions that they encountered on their   voyages. As exemplified by the wonderful triptych
    in   Ceylon to all of the gods of the islands, to Buddha, to Allah and to the Hindu gods and very carefully   articulated in the tabletis eq ual gifts for all.
  • in India, Zheng He found the kind of  religious harmony he tried to forge in Sri Lanka. This   stability along with the flourishing pepper trade made   India China’s biggest trading partner for the time.
  • Aden (Yemen was called in those days) Zheng He  as a Muslim must have been dying to   get to Mecca. His father made the pilgrimage  before he   was born and his family were Muslims who came from  Central Asia.
  • As Zhu Di’s body is laid to rest, so with   it is his vision for China as a global superpower. Within a year, Confucian influence begins to dominate. The new emperor issues his first edict. The treasure fleet's voyages are to stop.Arguably the worst foreign policy blunder that any country has ever made was   China’s decision in the 1400s to abandon Zheng   He’s explorations and instead to close the country, to turn inward. And the result was that China’s trade   vanished, its economy began to diminish and it found   itself on a downward  escalator which it found itself   impossible to get off of.
  • in Lamu, the   biggest Arab dhow left in the Indian Ocean.Legend has it a   shipwreck left a number of  Zheng He’s sailors on   an island off Africa’s Swahili coast. After  marrying local women, they created a community of their   own known today as the Washanga part of the Famao clan.   Perhaps Zheng He’s crew settled on this coast   more than 80 years before Vasco Da ama  but can we find   evidence that the legend is real?
  • he treasure fleet may have disappeared but Zheng   He’s legacy lives on in communities all over the   world linking diverse cultures and religions. In   Indonesia, Buddhists worship him as a god while these young Muslims learn to read from   a Quran in a mosque dedicated to his name His   preaching of religious tolerance is still a lesson for us   today.
  • China was incredibly more advanced   scientifically, culturally and economically it amounted   for by far the largest share of the world economy,   maybe the best measure of China’s sophistication was that it was not until World War 1 that Europe and   the West were finally able to put together a fleet as   sophisticated as China had in the early 15th century.

Capture.PNG

Chinese Treasure Fleet Adventures of Zheng He (the second half is trying to find out if ZhengHe'd ever arrived in America)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3yBSUP9NLg

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2-12-2018 16:10:07 | 显示全部楼层

Ancient Rome: The Rise and Fall of an Empire, Episode 1, Nero
directed by Nick Murphy, fl. 1999-2016; produced by Mark Hedgecoe, British Broadcasting Corporation, in Ancient Rome: The Rise and Fall of an Empire, Episode 1 (United Kingdom: British Broadcasting Corporation, 2006), 52 mins

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 2-12-2018 17:27:50 | 显示全部楼层
太强大了

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
yearshappy + 50 大家一起来分享

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 6-12-2018 13:55:15 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks for sharing all this. MICHELLE07 pointed your post to me.

The documentary Civilisations i have watched a few episodes before and it was recommended by a friend. And i found it fascinating. I would like to watch The story of Europe after saw your comments about it. The followings are the online watching URLs for anyone interested. Cheers.

BBC documentry - Civilisations
https://91mjw.com/video/321.htm?Play=1

The story of Europe
https://www.bilibili.com/video/a ... 4717976358553221493

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
yearshappy + 50 你太有才了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 6-12-2018 13:59:14 | 显示全部楼层
另外还有一套英国史的BBC纪录片也很不错,听说过,准备看看:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av4755161/

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
yearshappy + 50 很给力!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 6-12-2018 20:49:40 | 显示全部楼层

Animation Feature Film - 动画片 英语学习笔记及视频资料列举

https://freeoz.org/ibbs/thread-1037581-1-1.html
回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 6-12-2018 21:20:19 | 显示全部楼层
MICHELLE07 发表于 25-11-2018 23:37
好帖啊!我准备研究一下,找几个电影看看

好啊, 如果愿意的话,可集中在一个帖子里,随时可翻开重复看看加深理解;再以后发展到专题类,比如 ‘’电影中的 。。‘什么社么的

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 有道理 到时候看看

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 6-12-2018 21:37:21 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yearshappy 于 8-12-2018 15:23 编辑
OZCherry 发表于 6-12-2018 14:59
另外还有一套英国史的BBC纪录片也很不错,听说过,准备看看:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av475516 ...

你太太太可爱了,非常感谢你的分享
这个网站好多YouTube找不到的片子

'Civilisations', 我目前是觉得 这种从art works 解读文明发展史,不太让我产生共鸣或者不太说服我;以后可能再回过头来重新看。
The Story of Europe , 对我来说来得很是时候,有了一定的积累,产生了一些疑问,正好这部片子把‘碎片’ (借用MICHELLE07 @MICHELLE07 的语言 )defragment and optimise (中世纪那段我需要以后补课)

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
MICHELLE07 + 50 你太有才了!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 7-12-2018 11:48:01 | 显示全部楼层
yearshappy 发表于 6-12-2018 22:37
你太太太可爱了,非常感谢你的分享
这个网站好多YouTube找不到的片子

这个bilibili被称为B站,资源很丰富。昨天搜了下“BBC”,发现了其他很多部纪录片:二战全史、金雀花王朝、中世纪、十字军东征。和前面那个欧洲的故事、英国史连在一起,感觉可以把欧洲了解个差不多了吧

我最近对艺术类的特别有兴趣,无论是音乐(莫扎特、贝多芬这些)或是更广泛的从建筑雕刻到绘画。之前在蜻蜓FM里听到的《蒋勋讲西方艺术史》很是惊艳,昨天在B站里也扫见了,以后有兴趣看看,图像加声音应该比单纯的声音印象更深刻,况且艺术品真的需要看一看。

评分

参与人数 1威望 +50 收起 理由
yearshappy + 50 的确想了解的太多了,唯有不懈努力:)

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | FreeOZ用户注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|FreeOZ论坛

GMT+10, 19-4-2024 04:32 , Processed in 0.051376 second(s), 46 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.