FreeOZ用户注册
查看: 3051|回复: 1

[评书论文] My review of the book Catch-22

[复制链接]
发表于 14-5-2021 17:14:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?FreeOZ用户注册

x
I enjoy the humour and irony in the first part of the novel very much. But the novel speaks to me at a level deeper than that. I do not agree that this novel is about war or anti-war (even if that might have been what Joseph Heller had intended it to be), just like I do not agree that Little Red Riding Hood is a story about human's relationship with big bad wolf. This novel is about the senseless and hopeless situation that an ordinary man can find himself in when his life is controlled by an unsympathetic, badly-managed, demoralized system that has lost its purpose, where the men at top are preoccupied with advancing their own interests and mismanage everything at the expense of all the enlisted men whose survival is under constant threat, less from the flak of enemy fire, but more from their own generals and colonels. I believe many of us can relate to that without having to have experienced wars. Towards the end of the novel, it becomes more engrossing but also very sad as the characters I have grown to care fall victims to the system one by one. I'm very glad the book provides a Shawshank Redemption kind of ending, with a hope. That part got my eyes moistened. This is a great book, but probably not for all readers.

评分

参与人数 2威望 +150 收起 理由
snapdragon + 50 谢谢分享!
春浅 + 100 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

发表于 18-5-2021 19:04:48 | 显示全部楼层
非常好的读书分享,《二十二条军规》所表达的是一种生存的荒谬,最后的救赎或许是本书的一个安慰剂,不至于让读者完全陷入绝望之中。
回复  

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | FreeOZ用户注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|FreeOZ论坛

GMT+10, 19-4-2024 12:25 , Processed in 0.015550 second(s), 19 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.